Chapter 5

Sapnap pulled his hair in frustration, "Really? You got nothing for me?"

Zelk let out a sigh, "Look Sapnap, I'm not a miracle worker. I cannot give you what was never there."

Karl placed a hand on Sapnap's back, hoping it would help calm him down.

After Dream had refused to help, the two of them returned to the scene of the last murder, and grabbed every little thing they could find then gave it all to forensics.

They waited all night for the lab to analyze everything, and returned only to hear the bad news that the labs had found nothing.

"All the DNA found on the items you collected, were either that of the victim's or of the victim's family." a robotic voice spoke out.

They all turned to a man in a lab coat that had a green scarf around his neck, which also covered his mouth.

"You know Mega, it would be much easier for you to just talk than to type everything on that device of yours." Zelk said.

Mega started typing into his device.
"Shut up Zelk," the robotic voice spoke again.

Well it was an upgrade compared to when Mega first arrived at the agency. Back then he wrote on cue cards, and it would take so long that Philza decided to get him a device that he could just type into.

"And what about the body?" Sapnap asked Mega.

Mega just started to type out his response when Zelk spoke up, "We swabbed every part that could have been exposed to the Reaper. We even checked under his fingernails to see if the victim managed to scratch his killer in an effort to defend himself, but still nothing."

"What Zelk said," Mega's robotic replied.

Sapnap massaged his temples, a clear sign that he was frustrated and stressed. Zelk walked up and placed both hands on the raven head's shoulders.

"Sapnap, you've got the best of the best working here in this lab. Give us the tiniest bit of DNA or print and we can find whoever you're looking for, but if you can't get us what we need, we can't help you."

Sapnap slumped down into a chair, "At this rate, all we'll find is another body."

Just as Karl was about to comfort him again, a voice spoke up from behind them.

"Ever considered beating the Reaper to his prey?"

All heads turned to see Dream leaning on the doorway, arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his face.

Sapnap was a bit too shock to react, so Karl answered for him, "no we haven't."

Dream let out an exaggerated sigh, "You guys are completely hopeless," he said in an obviously fake disappointed tone.

Sapnap smirked at his friend, "Oh really, well for your information Dreamy, we happened to look into each of the victims and found no connection between them. The murders are at random and were probably done by someone with a taste for blood."

"OK, never call me that again, and do you really think some wannabe serial killer would go through all the trouble of sneaking into an event, and risk getting caught instead of going for a more easier kill?"

Sapnap fell into deep thought, Dream did have a point.

"Do you have an idea on how we can find the Reaper's next target?" Karl asked.

"A quick trip to the computer lab should do the trick," Dream said with a wink, and started heading towards the lab.

Sapnap stood up to follow, while Karl stopped for a minute to say his goodbyes to the forensics and morgue crew.

As Karl followed them out, he was confused to see Spanap heading in the opposite direction.

"Sapnap where are you going?"

"I'm grabbing some snacks, you head on to the lab and I'll meet you there."

Karl nodded and ran to catch up with Dream, while Sapnap quickly headed downstairs to the bakery.

Now that Dream is back in action, he would need sustenance to keep on going.

Loving You is a crimeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें