Chapter 12

"You're lucky that we had extra suits on hand," Finn said handing him another green suit. It was a bit different than the first one but it still looked good on him.

"Where are the others?" Vurb asked while giving Dream a white mask to go with his outfit.

"I'm going solo on this one," Dream replied.

It was vital that only he went, because George may run if he finds himself cornered. Dream said his thanks before heading to his car, he then drove the two hours to the venue.

He had some hacking skills of his own, and had managed to get his name on the list.

Once in, he placed on his white mask, and grabbed a glass from a passing waiter's tray in order to blend in. The room was nearly packed with people, and since everyone was wearing a mask, it would be even harder to spot George.

He was however, able to spot the host. Dream decided to focus on watching him, since George would have to eventually approach him or wait till he was alone to do the deed.

After some time an average height man with brown hair approached the host, and handed him a drink.

The newcomer was wearing a blue suit, and had a white mask with a bit of black around the eye holes. Dream watched as the two men interacted with each other, and he could clearly see the host taking an interest in the stranger's charming character.

Dream scoffed, he always did have a certain talent in grabbing one's attention.

Back during their academy days, when they were sent out on training missions to mostly to get information, Dream and Sapnap always left the interrogation up to George.

He had a talent with words that lulled his target into a false sense of security, and was always able to coax out every little detail from them.

Dream then noticed that George had stopped talking to the host, and was now looking straight at him with a smirk. George then excuse himself and walk away.

Dream stifled a laugh when he saw the disappointment in the host eyes, as he sadly watched George walk away.

Poor guy, I wonder how he would react if he finds out that George only flirted with him so he could kill him.

Dream placed his glass down on a nearby table, and tried to follow George while maintaining a certain distance.

George easily weaved his way through the crowd, then turned around and faced Dream with a smile.

The blonde froze in his tracks trying to figure out what the assassin was up to. George's smile soon turned to a smirk as a barrage of people walked between them.

Dream's vision was momentarily blocked by a tall man, and by the time that the man had passed, George had disappeared from his spot.

Dream walked over to the area were he last saw George. He was now in a quiet corner of the room, next to one of the windows with long red drapes.

He heard the host calling for the guests' attention, and decided to listen to the announcement.

Suddenly he was yanked behind the curtain, and pressed up against the wall.

The blonde tried to say something, but froze when he felt something cold being held to his throat.

"Make any sudden moves, and I will drive this knife into your throat."