Chapter 27

"So what's the plan?" Sapnap asked.

"First things first, we need to sort out the information on that drive," Fruitberries said, he then turned to the hackers.

"Would you like to stay in the academy for a while, we have some of the best equipment that you can use."

The hackers turned to their respective chiefs who gave them an approving nod, then accepted.

"I'll keep the agency busy in the mean time, I don't think this is the best time to reveal who the Reaper is, so I'll keep the higher ups distracted until we settle this matter." Phil said, Wilbur and Niki offered to help him.

"We need to stay in groups, we can't let the organization catch us off guard. They now know that George is alive and that he has their information, so we need to be on high alert." Illumina pointed out.

Everyone agreed and split up into teams, the hackers would head to the academy with Fruitberries, Illumina and Techno to protect them. Philza, Wilbur and Niki would distract the agency and look after Tommy and Tubbo. Karl would stay with Sapnap, Dream and George for extra support.

After everyone left, the awkward tension was thick in the air. Karl was still silent and seemingly avoiding Sapnap for some reason, even when the three sat down for dinner Karl sat on the far end of the table.

"Well goodnight," Dream said starting to head towards his room. "I don't exactly have a guest room so you guys will have to decide on who takes the couch, and who gets the mattress."

Sapnap turned to him with pleading eyes mouthing don't leave me.

Dream merely smirked at his friend and mouthed back Good luck, before joining George in his bedroom.

Sapnap turned back to Karl who was sitting on the couch and was trying to seem busy with his phone. Emphasis on the word trying, Sapnap could obviously see that Karl's focus was somewhere else.

"Hey I -"

"I'll take the couch so you take the floor," Karl cut him off and laid down for the night.

Sapnap let out a sigh and headed to the mattress on the floor, he glanced at Karl who had his back to him. What did I do wrong? Sapnap wondered as he fell asleep.

Meanwhile inside the bedroom Dream walked in to find George awake.

"Hey you wanna eat dinner?" Dream asked.

"Maybe later," came the response as George made little grabby motions with his hands. Dream chuckled, then got into bed and snuggled with him.

He quickly informed George of the plan, and that Karl was staying over.

"Is he still mad?" George asked.

"I don't know, but he's avoiding Sapnap and that's not good."

"They'll be fine," George said "I'm sure that they'll work something out just like we did."

Dream smiled and kissed the tip of George's nose before laying down to sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

George woke up in the middle of the night due to his grumbling tummy. Dream face was currently nuzzled into his neck with an arm over George's chest.

The brunette gave him a light peck on the forehead before gently removing Dream's hand, and slowly getting out of bed. There were still leftovers on the table, and after eating his fill he headed to the living room to check on Sapnap and Karl.

Sapnap was snoring away on the mattress, but George found the couch empty. It took him a while but he finally found the agent sitting outside on one of the steps that led up to the house. He grabbed the blanket off the couch and opened the door, which caught Karl's attention.

"It's a cold night you should probably wrap up." George said handing the agent the blanket.

Karl hesitated for a second, before he took it, "Thank you."

George gave him a kind smile, "No problem, Sapnap would kill me if he found out that I let you freeze to death."

He saw Karl tense up at the mention of Sapnap.

"Did something happen Karl?" George asked.

Karl let out a sigh, "It's just...I thought we were close, and then I find out about the academy and of his past, about this whole other life that he's lived." Karl's voice started getting shaky, George reached out and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I just feel like he doesn't trust me enough to have told me this before. I know that he is entitled to having secrets but still... we've been partners for years, I thought that he could at least be comfortable telling me about his past."

George rubbed his back then spoke, "Well I know for a fact that he does trust you, or he wouldn't have been so calm while you had that gun pointed at him."

Karl looked up to meet George's eyes, who smiled at him before he continued. "All of us from the academy have a dark past, and Sapnap had one of the worst. I think the reason he didn't tell you earlier was because he didn't want you to pity him. Sapnap always puts on this act of being tough and strong, but I know that he's still really affected by what happened at his orphanage. It took some time for me and Dream to finally get him to open up to us."

George waited a while before continuing. "You know today was the first time I heard Sapnap talk to someone in such a gentle way, he must really like you for him to show you that side of him."

George watched as Karl cheeks started to grow pink and he let out a small laugh. "Just be patient with him Karl, fair warning though if you break his heart I will find you, and I'll make sure nobody finds the body." George jokingly warned.

Karl laughed softly, "Sorry I was rude to you this morning."

"It's understandable, I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes. Now why don't we head back in and get some sleep." George said.

Karl nodded and followed him back in, he made sure that Karl was comfortable before he headed back into the bedroom.

As he laid back down with his boyfriend, he felt a smile tug at his lips Yup, they're gonna be just fine.