Chapter Sixteen

Whoaaa, update already? Why yes(; I put Addicted to Mr. Know It All on hold just for a little while so I could focus on this for you guys(: Enjoyyy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            I lay curled up in the fetal position, the cold of the floor seeping through my clothes. Silent tears dripped down my face and my body ached all over. I didn’t know how long it’d been since Eddie and Ralphie left, but I prayed they wouldn’t come back anytime soon. I could feel blood drying on my lips and steadily coming to a stop on the various cuts that now littered my body. Bruises were already beginning to form on my fair skin, ugly black and blue reminders of what had just happened. I tried to move, to sit up, but the pain and fear had me paralyzed. I wish I could say that the only thing Ralphie took from me was my dignity, but he had stolen something so much more important, something I could never get back.

            The building was entirely silent, like everyone had left me by myself to be tortured by the stark and utter horror of being attacked in such a brutal way. I could still feel Ralphie’s rough touch against my skin, hear his harsh words in my ear. I shuddered and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to expel the memories. Fresh tears wet my cheeks and left tiny puddles on the greasy cement floor. To be honest, I would’ve rather had Colby kill me slowly and painfully than go through that.

            “Idiots!” Colby’s voice roared, echoing off the empty walls and reaching my ears through the tightly closed door. I recoiled at the sound, a small whimper sounding from my throat. I’d never felt so weak.

            “I told him not too, boss-” I recognized the second voice as Eddie’s. It made me wonder where his twin brother was.

            “Shut up! I don’t want to hear your pathetic excuses,” Colby growled. Suddenly, the door slammed open, startling me. I heard someone curse under their breath along with light footsteps coming closer to me. I curled up tighter, afraid of what could coming. “Cass, it’s just me. Well, that’s probably not comforting either, but still. Stand up, we’re going back out into the main room.”

            I stayed still and silent.

            “What’s wrong, they bust up your ears or something? I know you can hear me. Get off the floor, or those bruises will be the least of your problems.”

            “I-I can’t,” I stammered, still refusing to look up at him.

            “Crap…alright...” Next thing I knew, a pair of arms were under me, scooping me up. I let out a startled cry and instinctively tried to move away from whoever had me. Colby cursed again and tightened his grip on me. “Will you freaking quit! I’m trying to get you back out into the main room so I can decide what I want to do next. Those idiots weren’t supposed to hurt so bad you couldn’t walk. That’s my job.”

            I stopped fighting, letting Colby carry me out of the room despite my best judgment. I knew leaving that room most likely meant facing Ralphie. I should’ve just asked to die in there.

            Once we were back out into the room I’d originally been tied up in, Colby sat me back down in the same chair. I kept my eyes on the floor, noting that it had been cleaned since my burger and fries made a reappearance. I could hear people shuffling around me, but I felt too ashamed and afraid to look at them. My bravery had fled before Ralphie even had my clothes off.