Chapter 49

Zuko and Y/n are on their journey to the Western Air Temple

Zuko:We've been walking all day, we should set up camp and rest...

Y/n:How close are we?

Zuko:Close,we will arrive shortly in the morning...

Y/n:I'll go and grab some wood for a fire...

Zuko:I'll get some tents set up while you're gone...

Y/n walks off as he uses his wrist blades to start to cut down branches

Wan Shi Tong appears in front of y/n

Wan Shi Tong:Hello again Eternal Flame...

Y/n:What's up?

Wan Shi Tong:I've been observing you and I've come to an conclusion that I think may benefit us both...

Y/n:And what would that be?

Wan Shi Tong:I personally accompany you on your endeavors, I can give input based on your own ideals and values that I've studied,and although I'm not proficient in combat, I believe I can still be a valuable asset...

Y/n:That sounds great but only for me, what do you gain for this...?

Wan Shi Tong:I value knowledge, I can learn many things from you, as well as being with someone who is able to use my knowledge extensively...

Y/n:And how will you travel with me? You aren't exactly...subtle...

Wan Shi Tong turns into a smaller version of himself

Wan Shi Tong:This shall suffice...do not worry about feeding me,I am a spirit and do not require it...no one will understand what I am saying except for you unless I desire otherwise...

Y/n:And here I thought I was going to have a hyper intelligent owl that eats worms...

Wan Shi Tong:Feed me worms and I assure you will not have a peaceful nights sleep ever again...

Y/n:Point taken...

Wan Shi Tong lands on y/n's shoulder as he finishes collecting branches for the fire

As he walks back he sees Zuko sitting down on a log he rolled up

Zuko:Made a new friend?

Y/n:I guess you could say that...

Zuko:Well I got everything set up...

Y/n lays the branches down as Zuko lights them

Zuko sits on the log as y/n sits next him

Zuko:I can't believe it...we left the fire nation,we are about to work with the Avatar...

Y/n:It is a lot to take in...

Zuko:And we have to stop my father...

Y/n:As much a I don't like him, he is one of the strongest firebenders in the world...

Zuko:Unfortunately...

They sit at the fire for a bit as the it shows in their eyes

Zuko:Do you really think your friends with allow me to travel with them?

Y/n:If not you and me are flying as a duo until we find my mother and the others...

Zuko:What? Y/n if they don't want me there, then there's nothing you can do...

Y/n:Azula's order was to get with the Avatar,save the world, and stop your father...Aang doesn't know firebending...

Zuko:You can't teach him?