Chapter 42

"Hi" - Speech
'Hi' - Thought
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook$

Hadrian was deathly still and as pale as a ghost. The only indication that he was alive was the glowing ball of green light indicating his stable light force. Remus let out a pained whine and walked near the bed, jolting Sirius from his shock and to move closer. He shakily reached an picked up his son's hand; it was cold.

"I need...I- "He couldn't find the words to speak, his mind couldn't process what was happening.

"It was touch and go." Narcissa quietly admitted. "I did everything I could, but something so severe..."

"Honestly, I can't be that bad. He only fell." James whispered and before anyone could react, there a resounding slap as Narcissa's hand connected with James' already bruised face.

"You foal, loathsome creature." She hissed, making him recoil at the sheer hatred in her voice. "Don't you dare stand there, when your pathetic child is the reason, my godson is on the brink of death. Don't you dare say that. He only fell. Next time you fall, Potter, I expect your spine to be broken in three places, the back of your skull shattered, your ribs splintered and every bone in your body fractured, broken or chipped. Next time you fall I will pray to Mother Magic that you receive the same injuries and I'll pray to Merlin that I give you these injuries myself."

During her speech, her anger and her voice had risen, she backed the alarm Potter Lord to the wall, and was nearly nose to nose with him. Her magic had flared beyond her control, due to her anger, rippling in warning that even though she may be the epitome of a Pureblood Lady, she was born a Black and she was taught with the best of them.

Behind her, both Sirius and Draco had a greenish tinge around their faces, while Lily and Remus were pale faced, looking at Harry. Lily looked as if she wanted to go to Harry, but something held her. She was unable to move herself towards Harry. Narcissa, once she glared at the Potter Lord in to utter silence, turned at walked back to her husband, gently rubbing her son's back.

"You may leave now, gentlemen. Take the child with you." Narcissa informed them coldly, not sparing them a glance, obviously expecting her words to be followed. James did not want to be slapped again, so turned and led Rosina out of the Hospital wing, following Dumbledore, but he noticed Lily wasn't behind them and stopped.

"Come on, Lils." He said sharply making the woman turn.

"I do not believe Lily falls in the category of gentlemen and child, Potter, or have you lost your intelligence?" Lucius said and James flushed, glaring at him before turning to Lily.

"She doesn't want to stay with that, brat?" He snapped. "Do you, lily?"

Lily was trying do say something but she couldn't and her face was beaded with sweat. She cast one longing glance at Hadrian, before leaving without a word. Narcissa, watched her leave with confusion. There was something wrong with Lily, but she just couldn't put her finger to it. She brushed it aside for now, as she needed to focus on Hadrian.

"When will we know?" Remus asked quietly, gently stroking his son's dark hair.

"It depends, tonight is crucial, but he will still be in danger for at least a week." Narcissa sighed. Remus nodded and Sirius swallowed; they were in for a rough and long night.

"I must go to my Snakes." Snape muttered. "They must be restless."

"We'll come with you." Harry's friends said together. Snape nodded. The group walked silently down the dungeons and straight to the Slytherin common room. Every member of Slytherin was in the common room and the noise was most unusual for a normally calm house, and it was obvious that all of them were furious. As soon as they caught sight of their Head, they immediately became silent and giving him their full attention.