Chapter 56

Lord Sirius Orion Black was on a mission. He strode through the ministry creating quite a sight for those around. He was dressed impeccably in his Lord robes and had a set expression on his face. What added to the effect was Lord Lucius Malfoy was walking beside him, wearing his Lord robes, with an equally set expression. Some people stopped to watch in shock and some in awe. They were soon joined by Lord Cantankerus Nott which finished the deadly image. After handing over their wands for check in, they walked towards the elevators and claimed the next one as their own where Lucius jabbed his snake headed cane at number one.

"Fudge can't contest this, if this keeps up say I'll take it to trial, there is too much evidence against them and Potter will have to cave." Sirius said.

"I doubt it will go that far, she has to be slapped a ban sooner or later and now we have added pressure thanks to Cantankerus here." Lucius pointed out.

"Yes, Theodore wrote to me in no less than fury and demanded why I wasn't already backing you in the matter." Cantankerus told them amused. "He seemed to believe it was the utmost betrayal on my part."

"Ah." Lucius murmured as Sirius snickered.

"Fudge can only take so much."

They all blanked their faces and stepped out of the elevator walking towards the Minister's office ignoring the whispers around them. As they approached, a toad like woman stepped out. Sirius bit back a growl as she smiled what he guessed was supposed to be a sweet smile but came out ugly.

"Ah gentlemen." Her voice was sickly and girlish. "I assume you are here to see the Minister?" Dolores Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, and a complete bitch. How Sirius loathed that woman. She was responsible for many of the werewolf laws and every time he laid his eyes on her, he wanted to kill her. Because of her, people like Moony were persecuted for something that wasn't their fault, she had a severe hate for anything that wasn't pureblood or pure human. Fortunately, she hated him just as much as he hated her, Sirius did everything in his power to slam everything she proposed and he was gaining more alliances withing the Wizengamot meaning she was having a harder time to push her bigoted laws.

"Good morning, Madam Umbridge, I believe the minister is expecting us."

The toad looked at him with cold eyes and a sick smile.

"Of course, Lord Black." She motioned for a young girl to come and show them in. Fudge was seated behind his desk and when he saw them, he stood up to greet them.

"Sirius, Lucius and Cantankerus, this is unexpected." There was definitely and edge to Fudge's voice as he addressed the three Lords.

"My grandson is friends with young Hadrian, he told me his version of the events and I saw fit to back my friends here." Cantankerus said swiftly and Sirius was pleased when Fudge had a flash of panic in his eyes.

"Yes of course," he said. "Please have a seat." They sat down and looked at him making Fudge sweat a little before Sirius spoke.

"Minister, I can safely say, there is only so much evidence the people of Wizengamot can ignore." He began. "With the latest article, people are going to be questioning why Rosina Potter has got off with something as serious."

"Come now, Sirius you must understand that most have a soft spot for Rosina, after what she did." Fudge tried and Sirius blinked in disbelief.

"Surely you are not saying that she can have a free pass after breaking the law." Lucius said softly.

"Not at all, but I think things have become out of proportion."

"No, I don't believe they have, not yet." Sirius disagreed.