Chapter 66

When Harry got up in the morning, the manor was silent and Harry guessed it was because his dad and father were asleep from the full moon. It didn't bother Harry, as he had things to do. He ate his breakfast and went up to the library to finish a section of his notes before he went to speak with Severus. Harry made sure to leave a note with his elf to give to his parents when they woke up so that they wouldn't have a panic attack. He quickly threw on a black robe and went to the floo room and threw in some flew powder.

"Severus Snape." He stuck his head in and waited for the nauseating feeling to leave him. Harry blinked a few times before looking into the man's quarters at Hogwarts.

"Uncle Sev?" He called and a few seconds later the man appeared in his lab robes with a raised eyebrow.

"Good morning, Hadrian." He greeted. "How can I help you?"

"Morning." Harry returned brightly. "I know its early but I wanted to spend the day working on my new idea and I had to ask you something first."

"Step through." Severus said and Harry nodded. He removed his head and shook himself. He stepped through the fire and neatly brushed off the dirt from his robes.

"So, you have a new idea?" Severus asked, indicating to the seat. Harry nodded as he took the seat.

"Yes, I had a meeting with Marvolo yesterday and it came to me. And now Salazar has given me 3 months to create a decent, workable formula so I'm on a very tight schedule." Harry told him, "I'm not sure as to what the final idea is of yet, but I wanted to know if I could break down the components of the wolfsbane potion."

"A werewolf potion then."

"Yes"

"You are welcome to dismantle the potion but I advise you to take great care. The potion is extremely temperamental and the last thing you need is it exploding." Snape warned him.

"Noted."

"Have you got a baseline idea?"

"I was thinking about if the person could control the wolf a bit more than just the wolfsbane, obviously they keep their minds under the potion, but what if they weren't forced to change, they still held the wolf but it was optional when they changed." Harry explained and Snape nodded slowly.

"That is a high challenge."

"I know, and I have 3 months to get it together." Harry shook his head, "It is lucky I have access to the number of things I do."

"Did your Mastery confirmation come through?"

"Yes, the 5th of August."

"Do you still have your letter?"

"Yes, locked and warded in a safe place."

"Good."

"Have you seen the Malfoys? They are leaving for France tomorrow." Harry wondered.

"No, but I am dining with them tonight." Snape said and Harry grinned at that.

"Well, I'll be seeing you then." Harry said, Snape vanished back into his lab as Harry floo'd home and he was amused to find that Sirius and Remus were still asleep. He went up to the library to study the wolfsbane potion, he knew it, but he wasn't about to make a potentially lethal potion without making sure he knew it thoroughly. He also added it to his notebook in to his plans and he started to pick apart each of the instructions to start his breakdown, and he was so into his work he didn't notice the arrival of his elf until he touched him on the arm. Harry leapt up looking around wildly only to find a cringing house elf who looked like he was about to cry.