Chapter 61

"Hi" - Speech
'hi' - Thought
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook#

The final two weeks of the school passed in flurry. Harry and Draco had received the first and second place respectively within the year, but that did not surprise him, what shocked him was that Rosina Potter had come fourth after Granger. Either James had changed the results or that girl actually had some intelligence, Harry didn't know, but it didn't matter because he had the top spot.

Harry was sad to be leaving the castle even if it was only for the summer, he was also excited however, because he would be spending the summer with Sirius and Remus in black manner and he had a lot planned. He had kept his eye on Lily as planned and she looked better, he often spotted her clutching the necklace he gave her like it was a lifeline and he was sure that he had done the right thing. Dumbledore had tried to convince Sirius that Harry was better off with muggles and Sirius had politely told him to go jump into the lake, and fortunately James seemed to be so involved with Rosina that he left them alone after the results were released.

The man claimed that Sirius and Lucius had bought the two boys' grades. Harry had been pissed at that and had informed James that he was a dick and then pranked him with the help of the twins. Sirius had collected the forms for him to apply for his Mastery examination and Severus had helped him fill it in, the Potions Master was almost as eager as Harry was for the actual exam and was giving him points about the actual exam.

"The examiners have to take an oath of silence, that way your potions stay secret if you do not wish to publish them." Severus told him and Harry nodded.

"Good," he said relieved, his potions would best be kept secret. If they were out, it public, it would be a nightmare.

"Yes, here." Severus handed him an envelope. "This is your recommendation letter, do not lose it because it is the only one you will be getting." He warned and Harry grinned.

"As if I would lose it." He scoffed and Severus smirked. Harry left and placed the letter safely inside his trunk, he even warded it for extra measure. He double checked everything was packed for his departure tomorrow and made his way down to the Great Hall for dinner. Everyone was in bright spirits because it was the end of school, it was the final feast and thanks to Harry's miracle win in the final game, Slytherin had won the House cup much to the Gryffindor's ire. Harry wondered if Dumbledore had realized that the stone in the mirror was fake, but by the cheerfulness of the Headmaster, Harry presumed he had yet to notice.

"Can't wait to get home." Draco said as they walked back to the common room, tired and full.

"Same although I'm going to be quite busy."

"Yes, your mastery exam." Draco remembered.

"That's that. But let's not forget a certain individual."

"No, that isn't something I'm going to be forgetting any time soon, Harry."

Harry grinned.

"I'm looking forward to his letter."

"You would." Draco muttered shoving his friend. Harry smirked.

"Of course."

"Come on, prat, we have to sleep as I do not want to be caught with the rush tomorrow."

"Yes sir." Harry mocked.

"It's about time." Draco sniffed and Harry laughed.

"Idiot."

Draco was right, the entire Slytherin House seemed to have lost their minds in the morning. The concept of packing the night before seemed to be lost on them and Harry rolled his eyes, he had made sure their dorm was ready and they were the first up to breakfast.