Secrets, Confidentiality, and Bad to Worse

Trigger Warning: furniture on fire, people getting burnt

Jaemin POV

"I understand what you're saying, but according to my information network, there's a reason why most of the rulers are hybrids," Setsura-noona told us.

"And what exactly is the reason why most rulers are hybrids?" I asked her.

"Ummm... I don't think I can tell you anymore without permission," Setsura-noona replied.

"And why is that?" I asked her.

"The identities of the rulers are normally supposed to only be known to the rulers themselves, their families, and those in their courts," She started off. "If you really want to know, I would need the permission of one of the rulers to actually explain part of it," She continued.

She looked over at Jisung with an expression that was saying 'help me out here.' Jisung just sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Since I have permission, I will tell you what I know," Setsura-noona told us.

"All of the previous rulers who came before the current ones only had the blood of those that they ruled, but something happened and the result ended up being that those next in line for the throne to most kingdoms were hybrids, but no one understands why this happened."

"So, all of the previous rulers only had the blood of those they ruled over? If that's true, then how did most of the heirs or heiresses end up as hybrids? Because from what I know, the rulers have to marry someone else of nobility from their kingdom," I said.

"That's true. It's a tradition in every kingdom that the next in line for the throne marries someone else of nobility within their kingdom, but apparently, that didn't happen with the previous rulers," Setsura-noona told us.

"Are you saying that the previous rulers didn't follow tradition and married people from other kingdoms?" Jeno asked. "Yes, that's exactly what happened, but not all of the previous rulers married nobility from the other kingdoms," Setsura-noona replied. "That's the reason why Jisung is a wolf and demon hybrid, as well as Sicheng, being half angel and half devil, Chenle being half devil and half warlock, and Taeyong's older sister being 100% witch," Setsura-noona told all of us.

"So, you know why almost all of the current rulers are hybrids, but how do you know that the ruler parents of Jisung, Sicheng-hyung, and Chenle didn't marry royalty?" I asked Setsura-noona. "It's quite simple actually. I've met both Sicheng's and Chenle's parents. Sicheng's father wasn't an angel of royalty or nobility, and Chenle's father wasn't a witch of royalty or nobility either. As for Jisung, even though half of his blood is that of a demon, his demonic powers are significantly weaker than his abilities as a wolf. Plus, seeing as how Onii-chan and I are both demons ourselves, we know the average amount of power a normal demon should have. Even demon hybrids," She told all of us.

Yuta POV

As soon as she finished answering Jaemin's question, she started breathing heavily and suddenly fell over onto my lap unconscious. I put my hand to her forehead again and she was even hotter than last night. "Oh crap! Ouch! Hot!" I said as Imoto-chan's body temperature skyrocketed. Suddenly, part of the couch we were sitting on caught on fire. "Guys. I don't care how you do it, but put the fire out before it burns the house down while I get some help for my sister," I told the Dreamies.

I picked my sister up and started running to her room while complaining about the burns she was causing. "Taeyong! Chenle! I need your help in my sister's room immediately!" I yelled as I ran down the hallway. Once I got to her room, I kept holding her bridal style next to her bed because she would set the bed and probably the rest of the house on fire if I laid her down.

Suddenly, Taeyong and Chenle rushed into the room and both asked in unison, "What do you need our help for?"

To be continued...
_______________________________________________________
I hope everyone is doing okay out there. Again, if you are, that's great, but if you aren't, I hope my story can give you some peace of mind. I hope you all have a great day/night!

- Gong Enxing