The Punishment

Trigger Warning: mentions of extreme isolation, house arrest

Setsura POV

"Y-Yes, I understand, your majesty," I stuttered out. "Now, as for your punishment, I'll show some mercy since this is your first offense, as well as the fact that you're my brother's fiancé, not to mention Yuta stood up for you. Taeyong trusts him with his life more than most of the other members, so the punishment won't be too severe," Younghwi said to me. "O-Okay. Thank you, your majesty," I replied as I slightly bowed to her. "Your punishment is that you are confined to the room you were given, and you will only be allowed to have contact with your older brother until I say otherwise," Younghwi decided.

I looked at Younghwi with widened and shocked eyes. I was absolutely terrified of isolation. I couldn't stand it. I have severe isolophobia. (the fear of being isolated). Whenever I'm isolated, I hallucinate that I'm in the dimension where I give Mukuro his payments, so I started breathing heavily, my heart rate skyrocketed,and my vision flashed between the conference room and the place where I make my payments. I looked down as I brought my hands up and started visibly trembling. I was starting to have a panic attack.

"Imoto-chan! Hey, snap out of it! It's okay. I'm right here. There's nothing to be afraid of," Onii-chan said to me as he got up and stood up and held me. "What's going on with Setsura? Why's she freaking out so much?" Taeyong asked Onii-chan. "She can't handle isolation. It makes her hallucinate that she's in the dimension where she has to make payments to Mukuro, and she starts shaking violently. In other words, when she's isolated or when she hears that she will be isolated, she loses her grip on reality. If isolated, and someone tries to come close to her, she immediately attempts to kill them out of instinct," Ten answered.

"How did you know about that Ten?" Onii-chan asked him. "One time while we were engaged, it was mentioned that we might be isolated, and the same thing happened. I was the one who had to comfort and help her. After she had calmed down, which took nearly an hour, she told me about her issue with isolation," he answered my brother. "I see," Onii-chan said.

"Noona, are you really going to make this her punishment knowing that she won't be able to distinguish reality from her hallucinations and could attack anyone who walks into her room?" Taeyong asked Younghwi. "I suppose not. That would put anyone who enters her room in immediate danger. Instead of being confined to your room, you're confined only to the house. Under no circumstances can you leave the house. You are also forbidden from going to where the boys train and work, but aside from that there are no other restrictions," Younghwi said after hearing what could happen if I were to be isolated.

"Thank you so much, your majesty. You have no idea how much this means to us," Chittaphon and Onii-chan said to Younghwi. "Anything for my brother and the gang. It's my job to take care of my brother, and it's his job to take care of the gang, so I'd do anything for you guys since he cares for all of you so much," Younghwi said.

"I guess that means you'll have to tell everyone about the enemy we have to face, how to combat his methods, and what he's really capable of, Onii-chan," I said to my brother. "Looks like it. It shouldn't be that much trouble telling them what he's capable of, but teaching them how to combat all of his disgusting methods will take some work," he replied.

Then, Chittaphon took me back to my room while the rest stayed in the conference room, trying to take in the information that I'm now betrothed to the crowned prince of the witch kingdom, as well as the fact that after any payment, I could come home filled with lust. I was stuck in the house for the next few weeks, only seeing the boys when we ate breakfast and after they got home from work. One day while the boys were out working, I found the music room, which had a grand piano in it. I went to the piano and sat down on the bench. I thought for a moment before playing a song I really liked.

While I was playing the song, the boys came home. I kept on playing since I was absorbed in the music. As soon as I had finished playing the song, Onii-chan, Jaemin, and I think one of the Chinese members named Kun came to the doorway. "I see you found the piano Imoto-chan," Onii-chan said to me. "The song you played was beautiful. It had a lot of emotion behind it, especially sadness, were you thinking of something that made you sad?" Jaemin and Kun asked.

I turned around and had blue eyes, so the three of them knew the answer to the question. "I was thinking of how much I miss mom, dad, and Onee-san. I remember when they were still here, and I remember when each of them died. I just miss them so much, and I wish they were here," I told them. "I miss them too, Imoto-chan. Mom, dad, and Onee-san loved hearing you play that song when we were all young and together. I did too. It's beautiful yet sad, but it doesn't make you want to cry," Onii-chan told me.

After hearing that, I started to play a different song on the piano. It was my parents' and siblings' favorite song out of all the songs I used to play on the piano.

"This is my favorite song out of all the songs I've heard you play on the piano," Onii-chan said. "I know. It was mom and dad's favorite as well. Onee-san really liked it too. It's not as emotional as the other one, but it's still got a similar vibe," I replied.

I decided that I wanted to play one more song before dinner was ready.

Soon, everyone was called down for dinner, so we left the music room and headed for the dining room. When we all sat down, Jeno asked, "I thought I heard someone playing the piano when we got home. Who was it?" Most of the members just looked around, not knowing. "It was Imoto-chan. She was the one who was playing the piano," Onii-chan told him.

Yuta POV

"All three songs were lovely yet sad. It feels like you have a lot on your mind to play such songs," Jeno said to Imoto-chan. "She did have a lot on her mind. After everything that's happened, how could she not?" I told him. "Point taken. Where did Setsura learn how to play the piano so well? All three songs are very complicated songs if you look at their sheet music but she played them flawlessly. So where did she learn how to play the piano?" Jeno asked me. "Imoto-chan has been playing the piano since she was just a small child. Our mom taught her how to play the piano and she kept practicing and playing for us. I guess she got so good that she eventually learned how to play complicated songs," I told him.

Once that conversation was over, we all started eating dinner. Everyone was having their own conversations with each other during dinner. Eventually, everyone finished and headed back to their rooms.

After a month and a half had passed, Younghwi finally came to the gang house and said that Imoto-chan's punishment was over. We were relieved that the punishment was finally over. The side effects of the punishment were definitely showing though. After the punishment was over, she was very clingy with Taeyong when he was home not working.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that she went straight to Taeyong's room after she made the 'full' payment.

To be continued...
_______________________________________________________
I hope everyone out there is doing okay. If you aren't I hope my story can give you some peace of mind. I hope everyone has a great day/night!

- Gong Enxing