Fiery Situation & the Surprising Betrothal

Trigger Warning: furniture on fire, people getting burnt

Yuta POV

My sister was burning up and burning me as I got her to her room. When Taeyong and Chenle came into her room, they asked, "What do you need our help for?" "My sister is burning up and burning everything she touches. The Dreamies are putting out the fire on the couch in the living room. And my arms and shoulder hurt like crap cause she is burning me too," I told them. "Since I know Taeyong uses fire magic quite often, and Chenle is the ruler of Hell, I figured you might be able to help me out with my sister's problem. Ow!! Hot, hot, hot!! We're going to need Kun too. Can you go get him Chenle?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll be right back. Just try and hang on, hyung," he told me. "I'm gonna go get Ten for when we get Setsura out of your arms so he can heal your burns," Taeyong said to me as he also left the room. A short while later, both Chenle and Taeyong came back with Kun and Ten. Kun used his telekinesis to lift my sister in the air out of my arms. Then, Ten came over to me and healed the burns I got from holding my sister.

After Ten healed my burns, Taeyong and Chenle asked how I wanted them to help my sister. "I was thinking that since both of you are so closely related to fire, you might be able to absorb the excess heat from my sister's body, so she doesn't end up burning everything to ash," I told them. They told me that they could both do what I asked, but their methods were slightly different.

Chenle tried first. He took my sister's hand in both of his and focused, trying to absorb the excess heat from her body, but soon after it started working, the scarf around my sister's neck attacked Chenle and forced him to let go and stop. When he let go, Chenle's neck was burnt, and everyone aside from myself was shocked at what had just happened. "Did Setsura's scarf just attack Chenle?" Taeyong asked. "Yes, it did. Her scarf is imbued with both attack and defense magic. It won't attack people unless they try to do something to her while she's sick like this," I told them.

Taeyong tried next. He stood a slight distance in front of my sister and put his hands out while concentrating. The excess heat started pouring out of my sister into Taeyong's hands. A little while after he started, my sister started to express confusion and then discomfort. Her scarf then attempted to attack Taeyong, but just before it made contact, it immediately stopped. It stayed in its place for a few seconds and then returned to its original position before it tried to attack Taeyong.

After that, Taeyong continued to absorb the excess heat from my sister. Approximately ten minutes after my sister's scarf attempted to attack Taeyong, there was no longer any heat coming from my sister's body. Taeyong stopped using his magic, and Kun set my sister down on her feet since she woke up immediately after all of the excess heat had left her body. I was really glad that my sister was awake and seemed okay.

Something unexpected happened though. After she was set down by Kun, she went to Taeyong and then a scarf with a fire pattern on it suddenly appeared around his neck.

 After she was set down by Kun, she went to Taeyong and then a scarf with a fire pattern on it suddenly appeared around his neck

Taeyong's scarf

"Seriously?! He's the one you were meant to be betrothed to? I knew that you would be betrothed soon, but I didn't think you'd end up betrothed to Taeyong," I said very shocked. "Wait! Did you just say that Setsura and I are now betrothed Yuta?!" Taeyong asked me. "Yes, I did. That scarf around your neck is the proof of my sister's betrothal," I told him.

Taeyong POV

"Don't I get a say in this? What if I don't want to be betrothed yet?" I asked Yuta and Setsura. "Unfortunately, you don't, and neither do I. Thank you for helping me Taeyong. It really means a lot to me. Although neither of us currently wants to be betrothed to each other, we're stuck together. Now that I'm betrothed to you Taeyong, Mukuro will come after you more than the other members of the gang," Setsura told me.

"So basically, Yuta and I are the ones that are in the most danger aside from yourself," I said to Setsura. "Yes, but that's excluding Ten and the others. For now, the two of us need to stay close to each other, and Onii-chan needs to be more cautious than usual," Setsura told me. "If that's the only way to keep everyone safe, then fine, but I still don't like that we're betrothed," I said to Setsura.

"That's fine with me, but we're going to have to learn how to fight side-by-side and cover each other's backs. That means we'll have to train quite a lot without our powers because the place where I got all of my wounds keeps us from using our supernatural powers," Setsura informed me. Once we were finished talking, I called everyone to the conference room and told my older sister to come to the gang house.

Once everyone was in the conference room, I told them that I had an announcement to make. "We just had a meeting the other night in here. What kind of announcement do you need to make? I thought that everything had been sorted out already," Doyoung said. "A little while ago, I had to help Setsura again and something unexpected happened," I started off. "What happened?" Donghyuck asked. "Setsura and I became betrothed to each other," I replied.

"Wait what? The two of you are betrothed to each other? How the heck did that happen?" Ten asked very shocked.

To be continued...
_______________________________________________________
I hope everyone is doing okay. If you are that's great, but if you're not, I hope my story can give you some peace of mind. Have a good day/night!

- Gong Enxing