Chapter Five.

Every day, Jack and Ava would hang out

Every day, Jack and Ava would hang out. Sometimes with Urban, mostly without him. Ava found herself making room in her busy schedule for Jack, which she couldn't explain. She wasn't ready for another relationship, at least she didn't think she was until she met Jack. Ava pulled up her car to the apartment complex, sitting outside. She had just come from the grocery store, she picked up some things for Jack and Urban. She texted Jack to let him know she was outside; she had more errands to run before finishing her essay so she didn't have time to go inside. Jack came out, a smile on his face.

"Hey girl," instead of grabbing the groceries, he hopped in the passenger seat. "Jack, I have to finish doing some stuff-" "let me just play you this song I finished. I think Imma drop it soon," he told her quickly, and she rolled her eyes with a smile as she handed him the aux cord. "You got 5 minutes," she told him, excited to hear more of his work, but also very pushed for time. He began playing a song and Ava immediately knew it would put him on the map. "What is this song called?" she asked, making a face indicating the bars in it were just nasty. Jack laughed at her face, knowing that this song would be perfect to release. "It's called What's Poppin'. I've been working on it for a minute, but I think it's ready now," he smiled to himself, and Ava noticed. It reminded her of when they first met and he said "what's poppin'" to her in the hallway.

She was so proud of him and knew how much he loved what he did. It made her heart full to see him so satisfied with his work. "You know, Jack, there were nights when I was up doing work and I could hear you recording in that studio making my walls seem paper thin," she laughed. 'Those aren't the only walls I'll make feel weak,' Jack thought. The sexual feelings he felt around Ava were always there, but sometimes he felt them more than others, mainly when they were alone. With his seat leaned back almost as far as it could go, he adjusted himself so it wouldn't be noticeable.

"But this song is gonna take you to some serious heights, Jackman," she used his full first name, and if he wasn't so mesmerized at her beauty, he would've addressed it. "I hope you remember me when you get famous," she laughed, and he did too. He would never forget Ava, he knew that for certain. "I'll give you my first autograph, I got you," he told her, popping his imaginary collar.

"Whatever, Jack,"

"I'm serious. I won't forget you, even when I'm making millions," he told her, taking her hand. She tensed up and when he felt it, he rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb soothingly. He raised her hand to his lips, softly pressing a kiss to it. "Jack, I have to go. You've exceeded your 5 minute limit," she told him with a smirk, while he bit his lip with a smile. "I'll see you when you get back," he told her, giving her a warm smile before he took the groceries and went back to his apartment. "Aye, Jack—" he completely zoned out as Urban called him, writing some lyrics down.

"I played you my first hit before it dropped. You were in the driver's seat and I was on the aux. You made the stank face, that's how I knew that it was hot."

+ added some lyrics from 'delta', as well. but how do you feel about their relationship taking a small step??! i'm here for it, aksjaksja💕 -k.