Chapter Twenty-Four.

1 year time skip

1 year time skip.
20 minutes before the Met Gala.

"Jackman, you look amazing," Ava told Jack as he took a deep breath. He looked into the mirror, adjusting his tie once more before he looked at her. His cool blue eyes were filled with only one emotion: worry. "Baby, what's wrong? Are you nervous?" She asked him, and he laughed lightly. He was Jack Harlow. He didn't get nervous, he handled everything with a cool, calm, and collected attitude. "Just a little bit," he whispered, not meeting her gaze and fluffing his hair in the mirror for the fourth time. She took his hand, pulling him away from the mirror where he was constantly fiddling with something on his person for way too long.

"You look so handsome, my Harlow," she whispered to him, and he leaned down to connect their lips with a soft kiss. "Thank you, I wish you were goin' out there with me, baby," he pouted lightly, and she did, too. But thanks to Urban, she had a trick up her sleeve..

As he assumed Ava was in her hotel room watching television, Jack went on with his night as usual. The nerves he felt were gone (at least you'd think so by looking at him); his long legs strutted through the venue as if he owned the place; swagger and poise radiated from him as he caught everyone's attention. An interviewer stopped him, and he gave a smile/wink combination to the camera that could kill.

"Jack, we heard that your 'love interest' is a girl that you've known for quite a while. What else do you want to tell us about her?" The interviewer pried intentionally, her eyebrows giving a sensational yet playful wiggle. Jack smiled at the thought of Ava, a smile playing at his lips that he tried to hide. "She's beautiful. That girl is the center of my happiness, just truly a fucking gift. She just means everything to me," he answered truthfully, making all the girls behind the barricade scream. 'Too much detail, Jack..' he thought to himself. He wanted to seem confident and he knew how he got finicky thinking about his lovely woman.

"Well, you all heard it here first: Jack Harlow is officially off the market! Good luck with the show tonight," the interviewer smiled, and excused Jack as another celebrity began to walk by. Jack found Urban and took photos, he even greeted some of the fans before he made his way inside. He wish Ava could've came and walked with him on the red carpet, but he knew she was watching from the hotel room and that she would see everything.

That was until he heard screaming coming from behind him. He turned his head quickly, afraid of what could cause such commotion, and he found the source. A lovely, light pink dress with a heart shaped neckline, a long train, and frilly fabric all over. Soft pink lips, lips that Jack knew his way around. Long, straight, dark brown hair with highlights that he remembered she added while he was in New York. Long lashes, fresh makeup. Jack had never seen her look so glamorously stunning.

"Ava?!" He couldn't contain his excitement, and neither could she. He ran to her, and threw his arms around her. The train of her dress engulfed the two as he spun her around joyously. He was smiling and laughing so hard and fans behind the barricade were loving it. Paparazzi swarmed to take photos, so many angles that they'd have enough to last a lifetime. Jack finally put her down, and kissed her lips with a passion that was felt through the venue. In that moment, all of his worry and everyone there, disappeared. "Surprise," she smiled cheekily, as he finally released her body, but still held her hand.

"Can you see the floor? You tryna look all cute out here by not wearing your glasses, witcho blind ass," he joked, making her laugh, and their smiles the most authentic the cameras had ever seen. "You keep this up and you won't be taking the dress off me tonight," she whispered close to his ear, and his grip on her waist tightened as his face turned red. He let her hold onto his arm as he walked down the carpet again, this time with a smile he couldn't control. He covered his face with his hand, releasing a laugh he couldn't hold.

Urban walked over, the unbreakable trio taking photos together with Ava in the middle of the two gentlemen; she was lucky to call them her best friends. "I can't believe you're here. How did you get in?" Jack asked, and that's when Urban spoke up. "The only way you get in is by payin' a brick for a ticket or havin' a designer invite you to their table while modelin' their brand, so I worked some magic and got Ava a dress," he said proudly, and Jack hugged him.

More photos from paparazzi and screaming fans. This would truly be a beautiful night to remember..

+ didn't want to do a huge time skip, because basically this happens in a year from my current story time, but i needed to post this chapter, aksjaksja.😭 dedications go to my sweets: charcoocheurie 🧡