Chapter Twenty-Two.

"Jack, when are we leaving?" Ava questioned, sitting on the couch in her apartment. As Jack's fame grew, so did his confidence. This meant that he spent extra time getting ready and while Ava didn't mind sometimes, she was anxious to leave; she loved being out in the sunny weather with Jack by her side. "Coming now," she heard him call out, spraying some of Ava's favorite cologne he would wear. He grabbed his keys, and her hand, and she followed him out to his car. He didn't have a single thing planned for the day, but he knew he wanted to spend it with his girl. "Okay, so I'm thinking we can go shopping, then get something to eat?" Ava asked, watching Jack pull into the St. John's Town Center parking lot as she looked up menus to multiple restaurants near by.

The pair exited the car, Jack stealing Ava's pink sunglasses as she giggled at how he loved to tease her by running away. "Give me my glasses before you break them or lose them like your last 12 pairs," she told him, taking them off his smiling face. "I never did find that blue pair with the silver trim after I took 'em off at your place," he told her, thinking to the last place he had the Ray-Ban sunglasses. "It's probably under some lingerie in my closet or something," she joked, but the thought of her in lingerie made Jack almost bite his lip. "Speaking of lingerie, there's a Victoria's Secret here that I don't mind sitting in the dressing room for.." Jack stopped, pulling Ava closer to him so she could feel his hand on her lower back and his breath on her temple.

He held her hand, and she used her other hand to move a strand of his curly hair out of his face. "We'll see, but I need to eat first," she told him and he knew how serious she was. "You hungry bastard," he laughed as she pulled him along. As the two walked down the sidewalk, Ava heard a camera shutter, making her look around. Suddenly, flash blinded her and Jack grunted under his breath. He took his jacket off, draping it around her head and shoulders as they walked into a random store. They quickly moved to the back, and when she removed his jacket, she frowned. "I'm sorry, I didn't know the paparazzi was gone to be so bad here," he told her, pissed that their day was ruined before it even started.

"We can just leave then, stop by somewhere and pick up some food, go back to my place and cuddle with Urban," she said, noticing Jack's scowl, but it changed into a smile when she said that. "You're such a weirdo," he said, allowing her to cover herself again as they left the store. The paparazzi immediately flocked around the couple. "Jack Harlow, is this your girlfriend? Can you tell us her name?" they asked, and he ignored them. They got in the car, and Jack pulled off quickly, releasing a deep breath. Ava put his black bomber jacket in the backseat, and rested her hand on his thigh.

"Don't worry about them, okay? They're not worth getting upset over," Ava reassured him, and his body relaxed. "You're amazing," he kissed her hand as he intertwined their fingers. After picking up Chinese food, they returned to Ava's place to Urban sitting worriedly on her couch. "Urb? What's wrong?" Ava asked, and Jack sat the food down, already sick of whatever bullshit Urban was going to say. "Social media is blowin' up with these photos of you and Jack," he sighed, scratching his neck sheepishly as Ava took his phone. The comments were.. nasty. Jack noticed the look in her eyes and took the phone from her hands. "We're not worried 'bout this tonight," Jack said handing a worried Urban Wyatt his phone back, leading her to her bedroom.

He knew how invasive paparazzi became in celebrity relationships, and he knew what was coming next..

+ oooouu, thoughts? chapter dedications go to: lillellow_angel & madithydinonugget 💛