Chapter Twenty-Three.

[Short/Filler

[Short/Filler.]

"That's Jack's girlfriend?"
"She looks like every other girl I've ever seen."
"He's really dating her?"

Every day, Ava avoided her phone. Aside from texts from her family or friends, her social media had been bombarded with crazy fans and random blogs: some who loved her because Jack did, others who weren't so nice. She considered deleting everything and starting fresh, but didn't want to be scared off of living her own life, so she just set every account to private. Jack reassured her time and time again that she should ignore them, but it was easier said then done. Her block list continued to grow, her direct messages continued to multiply. It was beginning to be too much for her to handle.

Jack was being asked left and right about who his "mystery girlfriend" was, and he constantly shut the questions down. And that made Ava wonder.. "Are you embarrassed to be with me?" She'd asked him one day, and he almost laughed because he thought it was that much of a joke. But she was serious. "A, I would never. You're mine," he leaned towards her, and she nodded somewhat sadly, but relieved. "I just know how the paparazzi and fans can overstep boundaries. It has nothing to do with you.." he placed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"The world of dating a celebrity is brutal.. I just don't want the world to spoil that perfect heart of yours," he said, gently tapping her chest with his extended index finger. This made her laugh, being as she's very ticklish. Jack took this as his queue to attack her with a tickle fight, and Ava couldn't escape. "Jack, please!" She cried, laughing so hard so thought she would pee herself for sure. "Ight, ight. I'll let you go this time," he finally released her sides from his grip, but he left his hands on her waist.

Ava turned on her side, focusing on the tv that was playing something she wasn't even interested in. "You know, seeing people on the internet get harassed and bullied is so much easier to deal with when it's not you," she huffed, and he laid down behind her, hugging her. "I wish I could stop all that negative shit," he mumbled into her curly hair, the scent of her leave-in conditioner tickling his nose. "But on a better note, guess what?" He asked, excitement filling every inch of his face. She turned to look at him, matching his smile. "My single is so hot right now, I got a few rappers to jump on a remix. Baby, we got Wayne on it," he was so overjoyed he had to stand, which made Ava laugh to herself. "He's literally a legend! I'm so happy for you," she jumped up and hugged him.

"I have to go to the studio today to re-record some verses if you want to join me?"
"How can I ever say no? Let me just stop by my nursing classroom and drop off this assignment, then I'll meet you,"
"Okay, I'll see you there girl."

+ chapter dedication goes to all of y'all! 🧡 -k.