Chapter '1

'1 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐔𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

..,..

HAYLEY WALKED up to the second floor to where all the coffins of the Mikeaslsons lay. The hybrid opened Elijah's coffin to see the vampire slumbering.

Hayley leaves the room and goes to where Hope was coloring in a notebook, the two heard a vehicle suddenly approach.

"Is that her?" Young Hope asked her mother.

"Let me check. Stay inside." the hybrid told her daughter.

Hayley walked outside where a truck was parked. "Well, now, aren't you a sight?" Mary said to her.

"You're sure no one followed you?" Hayley asked.

"I've been avoiding trouble since well before you were born. Now, where's that little girl?" Mary replied to her.

"Did you find it? Mary, please. After all this time, I am this close to getting them back. I found a cure for Freya's poison, I got a witch to siphon Rebekah's hex. I couldn't do anything about losing one person in my life, I'm sure as hell not letting that happen again." Hayley told her.

"So you're really gonna do it? Cure 'em and then wake 'em up? Did you ever stop to think, Hope might be better off without 'em?" Mary asked the hybrid.

"I made a promise." Hayley responded.

"To who? To Elijah?" Mary asked.

"To my daughter. I promised her a home where she would feel safe and protected by the people that love her. Mary, she's a Mikaelson, too. She's inherited all of their enemies and a power that I don't understand. She needs someone to teach her to control it. I can't do this on my own." Hayley told the women.

"You told me to wake the Mikaelsons you needed to find all seven werewolf packs. You found six. The last one, the Malraux, I thought they'd been killed off. According to this, there might be one left. Hayley. You looked for five years. You found nothing. Suddenly, I get word of a lead. What if someone else found it, too? What if it's a trap?"

..,..

Hope came outside to where her mother and the woman were. "Do you have to go?" the young girl asked her mother.

"I do. But I'll be back very, very soon. And I won't be alone. I'll call you every night before bed, okay? In the meantime, you listen to Mary. Deal?" Hayley told her only daughter.