Chapter '5

'𝟓 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫

..,..

IN THE Abattoir Elijah complained about the blood he was drinking, "Ugh, O-positive. You heathen."

"New rules. No blood shed in the house where my daughter sleeps and plays. Perhaps I'll go out for dinner." Klaus said.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. We have no way to know who will take Dominic's place as the Hollow's right hand. There could be any number of disciples out there." Elijah told Klaus.

"Yes, yes, yes, all who may have the means to kill us. You know, if you hadn't been so hasty to kill him, we'd be dealing with the devil we know." Klaus spoke.

"Spoken by the devil I know best of all."

"I take it you have a plan." Klaus said.

"Freya will place a barrier spell on the compound. No one gets in or out."

"Oh, so we're to stay here while our enemies seek to resurrect this monstrosity and let me guess, you won't be confined here." Klaus guessed.

"I have a little errand to run." Elijah told his brother.

"And while you're off cavorting all over town, I'm what? Grounded?" Klaus questioned.

"Essentially. Why don't you take out your frustration on that filthy jawbone our enemy seems so fascinated by." Elijah offered.

"Gladly."

..,..

Klaus walked back downstairs after seeing Hope. "You're hosting a yard sale?" Klaus asked Hayley.

"I just figured while we're stuck here, I may as well work out which stuff to keep and which to donate." Hayley explained.

"Listen, I found Hope exploring the rubbish in the attic. She's restless." Klaus told the hybrid.

"She's not restless. She's bored. Most kids her age would be at school. They'd have friends to play with." Hayley replied.

"Well, once Freya teaches her to hone her magic, she'll be powerful beyond measure. She won't need friends. She'll be worshiped." Klaus stated.

"She doesn't want to be worshiped. She just wants someone to hold the other end of the jump rope." Hayley sighed.

"She'll be above such things. She will have power enough to protect herself from anything. We won't have to trap her in bloody boundary spells just to keep her safe." Klaus said.

"Thank you... by the way. I know it's not in your nature to keep violence out of this house." Hayley thanked the hybrid.

"Well, we'll protect her innocence for as long as we can. You and I both know the importance of that. No one protected ours." Klaus sighed.