Chapter '7

'𝟕 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞

..,..

KLAUS ENTERED the living room as he told Freya, "Rebekah and Kol just landed. I assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar."

"I can't resurrect Elijah until I'm certain his mind is whole." Freya said to her brother.

"Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket. What's the problem?" the hybrid asked.

"When that pendant was shattered, Elijah's mind shattered with it. He's most likely retreated to the innermost core of his consciousness." the witch answered.

"How do we find that?" Hayley questioned.

"I don't know. It could be anywhere in over a thousand years of memories, but if I try fixing the pendant before finding him and healing his mind, he'll be permanently fractured, like casting a broken bone before it's been properly set."

"Spare me the medical analogies and fix him." Klaus spoke.

"I need to go inside and find him. Once I'm sure his mind is stable, then I can fix the pendant." Freya explained.

"Klaus? Take a walk. Get some air, let her work. Please." Hayley turned towards Freya, "Please tell me you can do this."

"He's my brother. I'm not gonna stop until he's safe."

..,..

"I never told you... but over countless years, you have meant so much to me. You have been a redeemer, a confidant, a mentor, a rival... and a friend. And at times, yes, you've been... a royal pain in the ass. Now look at you. I'm so sorry. My brother. This will not be your end. I will not rest until I bring you back. No matter how many I have to kill to insure it." Klaus spoke.

"Sounds like fun. I could do with a bit of murder and mayhem." Rebekah said as she appeared.

"Perhaps you should have stayed where you were." Klaus told the blonde.

"I never should have left. Elijah might still be alive." Rebekah sighed.

"Or you'd be lying beside him."

"All right! Chitchat's over. Can we slaughter someone now?" Kol smiled.

"Well, first things first. We need to destroy the weapons that give our enemy their advantage. Now, one scratch from the rosebush is lethal to us. Freya has tracked down the eight that remain, including the main plant. Here, in the Ninth Ward." Klaus told his two siblings.

"Fine, so we burn them all and then we murder that wretched bitch." Rebekah said.

"Lethal thorns, resurrected witches... what could possibly go wrong?" Kol sarcastically said.