Chapter '28

𝟐𝟖' 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲

..,..

SILENCE. UTTER SILENCE plagued the heavy atmosphere in the hidden loft. Klaus sat with his hands holding his head as Freya held a sniffling Hope.

Elijah was tucked away in a corner, attempting to contain his composure, he had lost his wife. The one person he had finally been able to give his last name to.

Rebekah's lips were tugged down in a frown as Marcel held the vampire close to himself. Wiccan sat on the couch with his head resting against Adira's.

Wanda stood tall towards the center of the room with her arms crossed and expression unreadable. The witch felt guilty, it was her fault the hybrid had died.

"What are we going to do?" Adira soft voice echoed through the room finally putting an end to the eerie silence that had once resided.

Freya glanced at her niece, "That's the question isn't it?"

Wanda pursed her lips, "We need to put an end to this, this madness cannot go on." Klaus' voice spoke up but the hybrid didn't bother lifting his head, "And how do you suppose we do that? Go out there and risk our lives once again?"

The red head frowned at her friend, "Nik-"

The hybrid abruptly stood and finally met the witch's eyes, tear stains scattered his cheeks. "Hayley is dead!"

Silence fell over the Mikaelson family before Klaus continued.

"Your other self made it very clear there was no way out of this for us. They won't stop until we are all dead."

Elijah finally stepped into view, "My brother is right. I see no solution to this."

Hope let out a hiccup as Freya tightened her grip on the tribrid. Kol walked over to his soulmate and slipped an arm around her waist for comfort.

"We have to do something. Like we said before, we can't just hide away for the rest of eternity." Rebekah spoke up as she glanced around the room.

Hope's lower lip trembled, "If we go out there, one of us is bound to fall too. This cycle won't end until it finishes us all." the tribrid croaked out as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

Wanda stared blankly at the ground, she hadn't want it to come to this, but she was left with no choice. "Neither of you have to die. I have a way to fix all of this."

The Mikaelson family all turned to glance at the Scarlet Witch. "And just how do you plan on doing that?" Freya raised a curious brow.

Wanda pressed her lips into a firm line, "Leave that to me."

Adira watched her mother when she saw a familiar glint in her eyes, the same glint Kol had before he had killed himself for Wiccan and herself.

"You're planning to die... aren't you?"