E I G H T

Posting a day earlier instead of tomorrow:)

Authors POV

Everyone was up in their rooms, a bed missing their owner.

"What exactly did you guys talk about?" Hana asks Seon and Sunghoon. "Uh, the insecurities that come with his way of practice, how he's fitting for centre but he keeps hanging out with those who are good and it throws off the balance."

Hana slightly cringes. "And then he said he'll give up his part and switch?" Hana asks and they both nod.

"Where is he? Still in the break room?" She questions and they both nod. "He said he wanted to be alone."

"Yeah I'm not a good listener."

She gets off the bed and slips on her slippers.

She walks straight out of the room and down the stairs and into the break room, finding a silent and alone Heeseung.

She sits in front of him and watches as he ignores her gaze. "Are you okay?"

"You must be happy huh?"

Their gazes meet. "What?"

"You told me before hand and I didn't listen. You must be happy, must be jumping up and down and running around." He mumbles the last part, leaning his head back against the wall.

"Why would I be happy about this situation."

"What, are you sad?" He asks sarcastically before looking up at the ceiling. "Do you have an issue with me?" She asks seriously, earning a chuckle from the boy.

"Actually, I do."

She frowns at his straightforwardness. "What do you have some type of connection or something? Is that how you got into I-LAND?"

She frowns again.

"No.. they.. they told me to audition to come in here because of my style and that this would be the best way for me to debut if I make it. I made it past the auditions and came.. I-."

"Yeah and when we're told that we can't have any contact with our families unless we win that chance or whatever, you are just, what, exempt from that rule?"

'So that's what this is about' she thought.

But she couldn't say anything to it. "I.. it's jus-."

"It's just what? What pathetic excuse are you gonna come up with? Are you even here because you actually want to debut or is this some sort of children game for you? Do you even actually care?"

"Of course I d-."

"Oh and the rumours, I bet they were true then. I mean, it makes sense. You coming here for the attention of being the only girl in a building full of guys your age. Must be amazing huh."