Chapter 1

*Charlotte P.O.V.*

    I was at the school waiting as usual for Leo to arrive, then I spotted him coming through the door. "Leo. There you are," I said. "Hey Charlie," he greeted while we did our handshake. "So how was the wedding," I asked as we walked to our lockers. "Awesome. And his house is awesome too," he said. "I bet. Isn't he like super rich," I said. "Yeah. You have to come over sometime and I'll give you a tour," he said. "Cool. How about today," I said. "Leo! Leo! This place is so cool," some girl said running over. "Umm. Hi. And you are," I said. "Oh. My bad. Umm, Charlie this is Adam, Bree, and Chase. Guys this is Charlie," Leo introduced as the small boy ran off. "Hello," I said. "Ohh. Leo is this your girlfriend," Bree asked. "Ewwww. No," Leo said. "Hurtful much," I said. "So if she's not your girlfriend then who is she," Adam asked. "His best friend," I said with a hand on my hip. "I thought I was your best friend," Adam whined. "Charlie has been there for me as long as I can remember. And she always knows what to say," Leo said. "Guys you have got to see the size of their computer lab," Chase said now joining us. Now that I have actually gotten to see him I was speechless. He was cute, but also had a certain hotness to him. There was just something about him that intrigued me. I walked over to him and circled around him, looking him up and down. "Umm h-hi," he said. I looked at him not speaking and continued to inspect. "Tell me Leonard where did you meet these odd teenagers," I said not looking away. "Umm my stepdad introduced us," he said. "Huh. I have to get to class," I said.

     After school we had the pep rally and then I saw what the really were. "Leo they are not normal teenagers," I said as the other students ran around screaming. "Yeah. Um they are basically superhuman," he said scratching his neck. I then smacked him around a bit as I scolded him. "Why would you bring them to school? From what I can see they've never been in public before," I said. "I thought they could be my bodyguards," he said blocking my smacks. "Leo," a male voice said from behind us. The five of us turned to see his mom and I'm guessing his stepdad. "Hi," they all said nervously. "Helicopter! Now," the man said. They all went to leave,but I stayed. "Charlie you too," Leo's mom said.

   We loaded into the helicopter and arrived at the house. "Woah. Now this is cool," I said. "Remind me again why we had to bring her," Leo's stepdad said. "Because Donald, she is Leo's best friend and she deserves answers," his mom said. "I mean not really. I kinda already beat the answers out of Leo," I said. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay honey," his mom asked. "I'm fine it's just her usually smacking," Leo said. "What did he tell you," Donald asked. "That they are basically superhuman," I said crossing my arms. "In a way. They are bionic humans," Donald explained. "Ok so they are superhuman," I said. "Precisely what I already told her," Leo said. "I have to go home. Update me," I said to also as I walked out the door.

    I made it home and mom was cooking dinner. "Welcome home sweetie. Where did you go," she asked. "Leo's. He was supposed to give me a tour of his new house," I said. "Well dinner is almost ready. Set the table please," she said. We sat down to eat dinner and afterwards I got a call from Leo. "Hey so you know that party everyone at school was talking about," he asked. "Yeah," I said confused, readjusting on my bed. "Well it's going to be at my house now. You going to come," he asked. "Leo I can't," I said. "Oh come on. Chase will be there," he said. "And why would I care if he is there," I said. "Oh come on. I saw the way you looked at him," he said. "You mean like a confused person. Leo you know how my mom is. I'll see you tomorrow at school," I said before hanging up.

    The next day Leo walked into school by himself. "Hey Leo. They not coming today," I asked. "No. Mr. Davenport sent them away," he said. "What do you mean," I asked walking with him. "They've been sent away because of the party last night," he said. "Oh. I'm sorry buddy. Look on the bright side. At least you still have me," I said. "Yeah I guess you're pretty cool," he said with a smile. "Good. Now let's get to class," I said.

A couple more days passed and Leo was acting a little weird. "Hey. What is up with you," I asked. "Nothing," he lied. "Leo don't lie to me," I said grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. "Oww. Okay fine. They didn't leave. They are acting as robots," he said. "They never left," I said letting him go. "Yeah," he said. "You can come over today and I can give you that tour," he said. "Leo it's Thursday. Mandatory mother-daughter night," I said. "Right. Tomorrow then," he asked. "Tomorrow works," I said.

    The following day I went home with Leo and he showed me around the new house. "Oooo. Who's the girl Leo," an echoey voice said. "What was that," I asked startled. "Oh that's just Eddie," Leo said pointing to a screen in the wall. "And this is my best friend Charlie," he introduced me to Eddie. "Hello Eddie," I said. "And that completes the tour," Leo said as we reached the living room. "It's very large, and nice," I said. "Great how about we go play some video games," Leo said. "Right behind you," I said. "Mom we'll be in my room," Leo called. We ran to his room and began playing a game. We played for hours and like usual Leo kept loosing to me.