Chapter 8

*Charlie P.O.V.*

    When the movie was over I looked over and the others had fallen asleep, leaving me and Chase alone. "Is there somewhere more private that we can talk," I asked. "Yeah come on," he said taking my hand. He led me all through the house until we got to the roof. "Wow. This view, it's amazing," I said. "Yeah. And the best part is not even Eddie can evesdrop," Chase said with a laugh. I let out a small laugh and felt Chase grab my hands. "Charlie, I don't know how to say this. So I'm just going to say it. I like you have since the first day I met you, when you sized me up. Your laugh makes my heart skip a beat. And when ever you feel threatened, I want to be the one to protect you. I guess that's why I went into Commando mode at the dance. The last thing I remember before that was you terrified face and I just wanted to protect you. And when you came over today I didn't think it was possible, but you are even more beautiful," he said.

     He was going to continue, but I stopped him. "I know. Adam and Bree told me," I said. "What when," he asked. "At the dance. When Spike emerged, Bree explained to me why he usually comes out and the Adam told me that you like me," I explained. "I'm going to kill them," he said. "Wait. There's more," I said causing him to turn to me. "I didn't want a scene so I asked them how to get you back rather than keep Spike. They told me that the Commando app usually times out when there is no longer any danger," I said then took a deep breath. "Yeah that's usually how it works. So there was a scene," he asked. "Not exactly. I timed Spike out faster," I said. "What how," he asked. "I might have kinda," I said loudly. "Kissed you," I muttered. "I'm sorry? Did I hear that correctly," he asked. "Maybe," I said looking at my hands. "So let me get this straight. I Spiked out and you brought me back before anything could happen, by kissing me," he asked running a hand through his hair.

    "Yes and it worked so know we all know how to deactivate Spike fast," I said nervously. "You kissed me. And I don't remember," he said. I was kinda hoping on that," I said. "Why," he asked turning back to me. "Because at the time I wasn't sure how I felt about you. I knew that there was something about you that made me stronger and more confident," I said. "And now," he asked. "Seeing Jack again made me realize that I was really over him. Made me realize that I like you," I said looking up. We looked into each other's eyes for a few quiet moments before it was interrupted. "Well since I don't remember that kiss, maybe we should change that sometime," he said turning heading for the door. "How does now sound," I said causing him to stop. I walked up behind him and turned him around, I place my hands on his chest and snaked them up and around his neck. Slowly our lips connected and it was like fireworks, my hands laced into his hair and I felt his hands on my hips. I let out a gasp as he tugged me closer to his body. I felt him smile against my lips. When we parted for air he was grinning like a mad man, causing me to blush.

      "I could get used to that," he said with a chuckle. "We better get back inside before they get worried," I said trying to get out of his grip. "They're fine," he said holding me tight, but gentle. "And how do you know that," I asked. "Because I can hear them with my super senses. They are discussing snacks," he said. "Let's go you goof," I said with a laugh smacking his chest. We headed back inside and down to the kitchen. "There they are," Adam said as we came down the stairs. "Where'd you go? We woke up and both of you were gone," Bree said. "We went up to the roof," Chase said. "He was showing me the view of the city," I said. "Are we not going to tell them," he whispered to me. "Not quite," I said flashing him a grin.

   "Is that all you went to the roof for," Leo questioned. "Yup," We said together. We found some snacks and hung out for a bit longer before Adam, Bree, and Chase went down to the lab for bed. As Leo and I were walking up to his room he kept staring at me. "Take a picture Leo, it'll last longer," I said. "Are you sure nothing else happened on the roof," he asked. "I'm sure. Besides if something did happen I probably wouldn't tell you anyways," I said as we reached his room. "And why not," he asked offended. "Have you met yourself? You are only able to keep secrets if it is your own secret," I said grabbing a change of clothes. "You promise you'll tell me if something did happen," Leo said. "Being honest, I'd probably tell Bree first," I said.