Chapter 12

*Charlie P.O.V.*

     I stayed hidden until heard the helicopter and then came out. I saw him and began making my way  towards him. "There she is! Get her," one of the guards from earlier said. I started running for the helicopter and as I jumped in something grabbed onto my leg. I landed on my stomach with a thud and I kicked the guy in the face with my free leg. "Mr. Davenport! Lift off," I yelled. "Not without you. Chase get her," he said. "No! Lift off! Just trust me," I yelled. He did as I said and I finally knocked out the guy stood up and continued running towards the helicopter. I did a couple front handsprings then used that momentum to jump higher and grab the landing bar of the helicopter. I pulled myself up using my upper body strength and fell into the cab of the helicopter. "What was that," Chase asked. "Their is a lot about me that should probably be explained but not now. I'll explain when we get to the house," I yelled over the helicopter noise.

   "Now what was all that flipping trick stuff," Leo asked as we got into the lab. "Not here. This room is monitored," I said. "This room is the most secure room in the house," Mr. Davenport said. "Not anymore," I said leaving for the elevator. We made it up to the living room and I turned to face them. "What I'm about to tell you is very important and the only other person I told was not able to protect themselves," I said. They all nodded and I continued. "I've always been able to defend myself. I can't remember a time when I didn't know, because it was necessary. My grandparents were special agents. Anyone important to them was a target, so my grandfather taught me to defend myself for when he couldn't. He taught me defense and my grandmother taught me agility. They passed away a year before I met Leo and they told me anyone who found out all this information would be in danger. I lost a best friend before and I was not ready to loose another, that's why I never told you any of this," I said.

  I looked up and saw something flying towards the house. "Oh crap. Everyone down," I yelled. We got down just as the thing came flying through the window. "Charlie. Look out," Chase said sliding over to me and wrapping us in a shield. The super drone finished blasting and broke out of Chase's hold and kicked the drone onto the wall, smashing it to pieces. "What the heck," Leo said. "Before I was so rudely interrupted. I had more to say," I said with a huff. "Go on," Mr. Davenport said. "Marcus was a pawn. The person he reports to wants the three of you," I said. "Who is he," Chase asked approaching me. "Does the name Douglas, ring any bells," I asked. "No. No. He died years ago," Mr. Davenport said. "Obviously not if when he threatened me for information, I told him Chase would have his head," I began. "You told him Chase would have his head," Adam asked in shock. "Well Spike would, but that's besides the point. He referred to Chase as his son," I said crossing my arms.

     "Our dad is alive," Bree asked. "It seems so and now he will be after me to get to you, but now he'll be more prepared," I said. "Okay from now on none of you go anywhere alone," Mr. Davenport said. "Yes I agree," Tasha said. Eventually we found the bug Douglas had Marcus plant in the lab and destroyed it. "One thing I don't understand is why would he come out of hiding now," Chase said. "Me neither," Mr. Davenport said. "Wait you mean to tell me that you can create one of a kind inventions, but you can't figure out why their dad now decided to come out of hiding," I asked. He looked at me dumbfounded. "He knows that you still have them and are allowing them to be in the outside world. That is why he's come out of hiding," I said. "Ahh. That makes so much sense. Are we sure she's not bionic," Adam said.

    "Thanks for reminding me Adam. I want to see what you can do so put this on and get in this simulation," Mr. Davenport said handing me a pair of goggles. Soon I was in an abandoned construction site and surrounded by some ninjas. "Umm. What's happening," I asked. "Fight them off," Mr. Davenport said. The ninjas then began to advance and I used my training from my Grandparents to fight them off. "Look out," Chase said. I turned to see one barreling towards me and I backflipped over him. "Woah," Bree said. He turned around and I did a triple punch combo before a right roundhouse kick to his jaw knocking him out. The simulation disappeared and I took off the goggles. "Whoa. How could you not tell me that you were this awesome," Leo said. "I was trying to protect you," I said. "So one thing I can't piece together is, in the video you were in a warehouse building. How did you get out," Chase asked. "Well there was a floor level door that they had gone through and a door in the rafters about two stories up," I said. "And you took the floor level door," Bree said. "No I'm smarter than that. I broke the chair and untied myself and then climbed up to the rafter door and fought my way out," I said. "Was there a ladder," Leo asked. "Not exactly. I climbed the support pillars," I said scratching my neck. I looked around and they were all staring in awe. "Like I said my Grandparents were secret agents, and they taught me everything they knew," I said.