Chapter 9

*Charlie P.O.V.*

    As the next couple of weeks passed it was getting harder not to tell them about Chase and I. "Can I be honest," Chase said one day. "You know I value honesty," I said. "I love sneaking around with you, it's kinda fun. But can we please tell the others soon. It's killing me keeping this from them," he said. "Fine, but we tell them together," I said after a moment. "By the way you still have yet to show me some of your new karate moves," he said with that mischievous smile. "Maybe later. Your place tonight," I asked as the bell rang. "Sounds good to me," he said. I began to walk away and ran into Sarah, but she didn't seem to recognize me. "Hi. You must be new. I'm," she began. "Sarah," I interrupted. "Yeah. I guess word gets around," she said. "Not really. You really don't recognize me," I asked. "No. Should I," she asked completely clueless. "It's me. Charlotte," I said. "No way! Charlotte Davidson," Hannah said from beside her. "The one and only," I said. "Girl look at you. You really filled out," Angela said. "Thank you. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get to class," I said before walking around them.

    After school I went over to the Davenport's house and since I was already done with my homework I went down to the lab with Chase. "So how about you show me some of those moves," Chase said. We messed around for a bit and eventually Chase had pinned me. "You give," he asked. "Not quite," I said using all of my strength to roll us where I was now on top. I straddled his waist and flipped my hair to one side as I leaned down closer to him. "You give," I whispered in his ear. "N-no," he stuttered. I nibbled his ear slightly and I could feel his heart racing against my chest. "You sure," I asked seductively. "You're cheating. This isn't fair," he said struggling. "You're supposed to be the super human. Figure something out," I said placing kisses down his jawline. "Umm. Are we interrupting something," Mr. Davenport said from behind us I sat up quickly allowing Chase to sit up. "We were training," Chase said quickly. "Yeah. We were training hand to hand," I said standing up. "Okay. Chase, Bree, Adam. Get in your tubes it's time for your bionic training," Mr. Davenport said as Bree and Adam walked by. "You're going to pay for that," Chase whispered before he walked away.

    I watched as they trained with their bionics and I could feel someone staring into my soul. I looked over to see Leo staring at me. "What," I asked. "You're my best friend explain what we walked in on now," Leo said upset. "I already told you. Hand to hand training. Chase bet I couldn't pin him," I said. "You're lying. You blink a lot when you lie," Leo said. "Do not," I said. "Do too," he said. "Do not," I said. "Do too," he said sticking a finger in my face. I grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back. "Do not. Now drop it," I said before releasing him. "There is definitely something going on. And I'm going to find out," he said looking between me and Chase.

    "If you leave it, I'll tell you later," I whispered to him. "Aha! So there is something going on," he said loudly. "Ugh. Come on," I said grabbing him by the ear and dragging him to the little office area before the lab. "Eddie close the door and go somewhere else, please," I said. "Oh because I have something better to do than listen to your drama," Eddie said closing the door before leaving that screen. "Oww," Leo said when I released his ear. "You are my best friend, but this one thing I can't tell you. At least not yet," I said. "I respect that," Leo said. The doors reopened and I started to walk through when suddenly I was tackled from the back. "Leo! What the heck," I yelled. Adam, Bree, and Chase suddenly rushed over and I'm guessing Adam lifted him off me and I scooted back away from him as Adam set him on his feet, but continued to hold him back. "Leo what is going on," Mr. Davenport said. "You tell me. My best friend is hiding something from me and won't tell me," he yelled. "Charlie just tell him what you're hiding," Mr. Davenport said. "I'm not ready to," I said. "We're going to have to tell them eventually," Chase said. I glared at him. "What I'm just telling the truth," he said. "Oh. Now I want to know," Adam said. "Fine," I said stomping my foot. "On the roof the other night we did a lot more than just looked at the view," I said. "Ok we're going to need more information than that," Bree said. "I admitted my feelings," Chase said. "And I admitted mine," I said. "Now we are sorta together," Chase said taking my hand. "Finally," Leo said.

    We all looked at him funny. "About time you two got together," he said. "That does explain why they were both acting weird whenever we would come over to them," Adam said. "Alright. Let's finish your training for today, then you all can do whatever," Mr. Davenport said. "Ohh! Ohh! Question," Adam said. "Yes Adam," Mr. Davenport said. "Does this mean that we can call Charlie out whenever Spike gets out of control," Adam said. "How would she help with Spike," Mr. Davenport said with a laugh. "Because she is able to shut down Spike faster than letting him ride it out," Bree said. "What!? How!? I haven't even figured that out yet," he asked turning to me. "It's not really a smarty-pants way. It's more of a," I began. "Woman's touch," Chase finished. "You told him," Bree asked. "Well yeah. Then he got jealous because he didn't remember so I might have refreshed his memory in the roof," I said. "Nice," she said high giving me. "I'm still confused," Mr. Davenport said. "When Spike gets out of control, just give me a call and I will show you how to bring Chase back. But right now I have to get going, my mom will be getting worried soon," I said looking at the time. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said as I jogged to the elevator.