Chapter 17

*Charlie P.O.V.*

"What just happened," I asked. "You just screamed. Really loud," Adam said. "Do you remember anything from your captivity," Big D asked. "Only the false memories they gave me," I said. "Hold still for me," he said. I stood still as he scanned me and then plugged it into his projecting computer before typing away. "Well what is it," Bree asked voicing my thoughts. "Just as I suspected," Big D said. "What," I asked. He projected the screen, before him and Chase walked over to it. "No way," Chase said looking at it. "Someone please explain for the non-brainiacs," Bree said. "What she said," I agreed pointing to her. "Charlie's bionic," Big D said. "I'm sorry. WHAT," I said. "Oh come on," Leo said. "What do you mean I'm bionic," I asked. "You see this little spec here in your neck," Big D asked pointing to the scan of my neck. "Yeah. So," I said. "That is a bionic chip. My guess is they put it in you when you got kidnapped and brainwashed," Big D explained. "And this explains the scream," Chase said tapping on it. A bunch of other files came pouring out. "Sonic scream, Sonar location, Sound quake, Frequency Flight," Chase began to read. "So we're just going to skip over the fact that I'm the only one not bionic now," Leo said doing his usual crazy hand gestures. "Hey I didn't ask to be bionic. Heck I'm still trying to figure out how to be a teenager," I said.

"But now you're bionic," Leo said still stuck on that fact. "So what do these different abilities mean," I asked trying to understand. "Well you've already used the sonic scream. The sonar location is kinda like bats except it seems this version you can see the heat signatures through walls within a certain range. Sound quake is basically where sound can start an earthquake. And Frequency Flight, let out low octave to fly," Big D explained. "So basically I'm a Banshee," I said. "In layman terms yes," Big D said with a sigh. "Is everyone okay!? I was alerted about an earthquake at the house while I was at the grocery store. I came right over," Tasha said rushing into the lab. "No," Leo said. "Are you hurt," Tasha asked looking him over frantically. "No," Leo said. "Then what's wrong," Tasha asked confused. "Charlie's bionic," he whined pointing to me. "I-I don't understand. Donald I thought you were done making bionic children," Tasha said. "Apparently my brother wasn't," Big D said.

I was still partially in shock by the news, still absorbing the information when I was broken out of my thoughts by Chase. "Doll. You okay," he asked looking at me worriedly. "Just absorbing. What other abilities do I have," I asked him wandering over to the computer. "Well you got a sound nullification ability. That's pretty cool," he said looking around at the computer. "What does that mean," I asked. "I basically means you can absorb sound to be more stealthy," he said. "Oh. Anything else," I asked resting my hand on his shoulder. "Sound laser. You can throw your voice and other sounds to a completely different area," he said. "Anything else," I asked trying to absorb the information. "Hypersensitive hearing to others, locked," he read. "That's one of your abilities isn't it," I asked. "Mine isn't Hyper sensitive," he said clicking a bunch of stuff.

I looked over to see everyone still discussing me and I felt Chase tense under my hand. "What is it babe," I asked still watching the others. "Umm. Mr. Davenport. You may want to see this," he said before putting it up on the projector. "He didn't just make her bionic. He was turning her into a living weapon," Chase said. We all looked at the screen and froze in place. "Project Shadow," I read. We all stood in silence as we looked at each other. "He was turning you into a sonar killer," Big D said. "He knows," I said taking a step back. "Knows what dear," Tasha asked. "Shadow was my grandmother's callsign. She was the stealthy agent. He was turning me into a more powerful version of her," I said. Suddenly my mind was filled with flashes of all the training he did with my bionics and I felt my legs weaken. "N-No," is all I got out before my vision went black as the ground came closer. Before I could hit the ground I felt someone catch me and say, "what did he do to you?"

When I woke up I was lying in my bed. I slowly sat up and all the events came rushing to my head. The bionic abilities, Douglas turning me into my grandmother 2.0, and the training that he had hidden from my mind. I groaned as my head throbbed and saw that I was alone. "Eddie," I called. "Yeeeess Charlie," he said. "How long was I out," I asked. "Only about three days," Eddie said. "Where is everyone," I asked. "The kids are at school, Tasha is at work, Donald is in the lab," he said. "Can you let Big D know that I'm awake and would like a glass of water. I don't want to risk getting up," I said. Eddie disappeared and about five minutes later Big D came in my room with a glass of water. "How are you feeling," Big D asked sitting on my bed. "Well considering I've been asleep for three days. My memory is full of bionic training he forced me to do then hid from me. And then there's the fact that he was trying to turn me into a living weapon based off of my grandmother. I'd say I'm doing peachy," I said with a sarcastic smile.

"Well if it's any constellation I can try to remove the chip, but given how long it's been there it may be there permanently," Big D said. "What is the percentage that I am stuck with it forever," I asked. "Ninety eight percent," he said with a sigh. "Well I guess I'll just stick with being a Banshee then," I said.