Chapter 19

*Chase P.O.V.*

     I was in the lab showing Mr. Davenport the feed I recorded from our mission the previous night, when I heard Charlie with my super hearing. "I'll leave you to it," I said before leaving to go comfort Charlie. "Where's Charlie," I asked. "She went up, but I checked her room already," Leo said. "I know where she is," I said quickly making my way to the roof. I found her leaning over the railing and walked up behind her. "If you've come to get answers, I'm not going to talk," she said. "I'm not going to force you to talk about something that you aren't ready to talk about. I just came to comfort you," I said hugging her from behind. "Thank you," she said turning in my arms and hugging me. "But," I said. "Uuugggghhh," she groaned pushing me away and turning. "Hear me out. But talking about it might make you feel better," I said when she turned back to me. "I don't want to discuss it," she said crossing her arms. "It won't be a discussion. You talk and I only listen," I said. She raised an eyebrow before sitting down and patting the spot next to her.

*Charlie P.O.V.*

     Went he sat down I began to tell my story. "When I had turned five my grandparents began my training. By the time I was eight I had become best friends with Daphne. I felt I could tell her anything, even about my grandparents. But turns out she couldn't keep that secret. The agency found out and bombed her home, but they made it to look like an accident. My mother moved us many miles away, to here. For two years I was the weird girl with no friends, until I met Leo. Leo became my best friend, but this time I kept my secret to myself. When I was eleven my grandparents passed away. Leo was there for me but he couldn't fully understand what I was going through because my grandparents basically raised me. And when we were on that mission, that guy showed those things. I felt my heart being ripped to shreds all over again. The memories that I had shoved down in attempt to move on resurfaced, and put me in shock," I explained. "I can't begin to imagine what that is like, but know that I will always be here for you," he said cupping my face.

    "There's something else," I said looking down. "What is it," he asked. "When all of that happened, I felt something. Like something unlocking, and I think it was that hypersensitive hearing thing you were talking about when we found out I was bionic," I said. "How do you know," he asked. "When we were running back to the helicopter I heard him," I said. "What did he say," he asked. "That I would come crawling back to him when you all realized you can't trust me," I said as a tear slipped down my cheek. "I will always trust you," he said kissing my forehead softly. I smiled up at him and we were soon interrupted by someone yelling for us to come back inside. "Did you hear that," he asked. "Unfortunately. Let's go," I said knowing he meant by super hearing. We went back inside and left with Leo for school.

     All through school I could hear everything all across the school. "How can you stand it," I asked Chase at lunch. "What," he asked. "Hearing everything and everyone," I asked. "Oh. I learned to control it. I could help you if you want," he offered. "Please," I practically begged. "I love it when you beg," he growled his dominance beginning to show. "Careful brain boy," I said patting his chest. "Sorry," he apologized scratching his neck. "It's fine. Just not very appropriate for in public," I whispered in his ear before giving it a nibble. "Doll the things you do to me," he groaned. "Hush now," I said seeing Leo and Janelle walking over. "Hey guys," Janelle greeted. "Hey Janelle. Hey Leo. What's up," I greeted. "Not much so what's new with you guys," she asked suggestively. "Does she know about the bionics," I whispered throwing my voice to Leo. "Oh yeah. She knows. She can keep secrets," Leo said. "Leo why are you responding when no one said anything," Janelle asked leaning towards him. "She's bionic too," Leo explained. "You are? Since when," she asked me. "About a week now," I said. "So what are your skills," she asked. "I'm a sound bionic," I said. "Meaning," she asked. "Sonic scream, Sound Nullification, Hypersensitive Hearing, Sonar location, Sound quake, Frequency Flight, and Sound Laser," I listed off. "That's so cool," she said actually interested. "Yeah. I guess," I said.

    "I still think it's aggravating," Leo said. I gave him a death glare and Janelle smacked his arm. "What!? I've been begging Big D to give me bionics for a while now and then you get a chip," Leo said. "You're forgetting that Big D didn't give me bionics his brother did," I said sternly. "I'm going for a walk," I said standing. "Right behind you Doll," Chase said getting up and following me. We walked for a bit around the school before it was time to return to class. After school Chase helped me to learn to control my Hypersensitive Hearing, and I was getting the hang of it when I heard something I wish I didn't. "Oh my God," I said covering my ears. "What!? What is it," Chase asked worriedly. "I can hear Big D and Tasha," I said. "Okay," he said lost. "They are. You know," I said trying to say it without saying it. I took him a moment before he got it. "Oh! Oh! Eww," he exclaimed. "How do I turn it off," I asked. "Focus on my voice," he said. He continued talking and I focused on the sound of his voice and slowly my hearing faded to only hear him. "It's working," I said looking into his eyes. He kissed me deeply and when he pulled away I let out a slight whimper. "That was for teasing me earlier today," he said with a devilish smirk. "Not fair," I said with a pout. "Come on let's go study," he said taking my hand and leading me up to my room.