Chapter 8

It was break time now. I quickly went to Jihoon's class and peeked from the window. Students were scattered everywhere. Most of them were busy talking loudly and then there were others who were doing their homework.
There was no sign of Jihoon. I pressed my face a little bit harder. No Jihoon. No Jihoon. Jihoon is-
I turned around when someone tapped my shoulder.
"Looking for someone?" I  blinked.
"Hey Mina." I said scratching my neck.
She smiled a little pointing at the glass. "What were you doing?"
"I was just looking for someone..." I said trailing off when I noticed Jihoon. He had both his hands in his pocket as he gave me a look before entering the class.
"Did you find whoever it was?" She asked.
My smile turned even bigger if possible. "Yup. See you."
I didn't wait for more conversation before entering their class. Jihoon rolled his eyes before putting his head down and closing his eyes. I turned the seat before him and sat down.
"I know you're not sleeping." I poked his shoulder cautiously.
"I'm sleeping." He mumbled in a muffled voice.
"But you're talking." I reasoned.
He sighed lifting his head up. My breath hitched with at less distance between our faces. But it didn't bother him. He gave me a glare as he sat up.
"What do you want from me Soonghoon?" He asked.
"I'm trying to be your friend." I said.
He shook his head as if not believing me. "Don't use me as an excuse to talk to your girl."
"My girl?" I asked confused.
He pointed at the door with his chin. Mina stood with her friends that I'd never paid attention to.
"She's not my girl." I said.
"Not yet." He mumbled. "But keep it in between you lovers and don't use me."
"I'm not using you." I said offended. "I'm genuinely trying to be your friend and not because I want some girl. If I wanted that I'd take help from a lots of people in this class who are my friends. You're really mean."
I got up from the seat and left without looking back. I used the fornt door so I could give him time to stop me. But that jerk didn't.
I wanted to cry at my failed attempt to get closer to him. It's always like this. One in the pair is always a jerk.
The bell rang making me stop from crying out my eyes in front of everyone. The boys were getting in class as Mingyu out his hand on my shoulder.
"Heard you were in Class B." He teased. "Got what you wanted?"
"Nope." I said popping the P.
"You will someday. Efforts never go waste." He patted my shoulder.
"He's right. Keep going buddy." Doekyom agreed.
I shook my head and sat down quietly. I could bunk class and just go somewhere in the lunch break. Or maybe home.