Chapter 16

This morning when I passed through Jihoon's class I saw him and Mina talking. She sat on the bench beside him. Although there was a lot of distance between them, they looked close. And the class had suggestive looks that they didn't care about. They were in their own world.
I felt a clench in my chest as our eyes met. For a second I didn't move. That is until Mina turned around. I quickly walked away before I started crying. I turned around and jogged to the basketball ground behind the school. There was still time until school started.
I sat down on the bench trying to stop myself from crying.
"Do you like me that much?" I jumped at the voice. He simply shrugged and sat down beside me.
"What are you doing here?" I turned my face so he couldn't see my face. "God this is embarrassing."
He chuckled as he put his hand over my cheek and wiped the flowing tears with his hand.
"Don't do this." I breathed. "I fell for you at the time when you didn't even look at me. If you come so close I won't be able to move back."
His gaze lingered on my tear filled eyes as they moved to the other features. "This is my last gift to you." And with that he crashed his lips on mine. I don't even know what was happening. His lips moved over mine and I couldn't do anything. I closed my eyes and hoped the moment would never end.
"Try forgetting me." He whispered as he pulled away.
Was that a threat or a goodbye?
"How will I when it was my first kiss?" I blurted.
He smiled at me. "Hoshi...I really think you're cute but I can't date you. I'm not what you're thinking. I don't think we'll be a good match."
"You can't say that after kissing me." I mumbled turning away from him. "Can't you give me a chance? Maybe we can work it out. Do you like me?"
"Hoshi..." His voice was breathy and it made me weak. "Let's do it your way. Let's spend time together till the year. And if till the end of the year,that is two months we get along then let's date for real."
My eyes must be glistening now. It was unbelievable. "Are you like serious? You're not playing with me, right?"
"You're really dumb. The first thing after our kiss and confession you say is if I'm playing with you? You're heartless." He mimicked. My face was all red by now.
"So...What are we then?" I asked.
"Somewhere between lovers and friends?" He suggested. "You could say that you're courting me?"
"That sounds nice too." I smiled.
"I don't think it'll be nice when it actually happens. I'm unbearable. I know it." He sighed.
"I'm Hoshi aka Kwon Soonyoung. I don't give up easily. And just so you know, I'm not doing it to get you. I'm doing it because I like you. It's not a duty." I said.
He nodded as he stared at his shoes with a small smile on his face. And what I thought was true. He looked really beautiful with a smile. So beautiful that my heart couldn't handle it. I was afraid I'd die fast if I stayed with him like this.
"Good luck then." He mumbled.
My smile grew even more at his shyness. He was so cuteee. And I'd dieee.
"Wait a second." I said glaring at him. "What is the deal between you and Mina?"
He shook his head. "We're just classmates. I just thought you liked her. But somebody misunderstood and spread stupid rumors."
"It better be like that." I huffed. "I can forgive anything but leaving without words is not something I can accept. I'm not trying to scare you but just so you know I become possessive."
He smirked as he came closer to my face again. And without warning he pecked my lips.
"You're cute like that." He said standing up. "Go to class now. You still have to make me fall for you."
And with that he left behind a frozen me who didn't know if I was breathing too much or not breathing at all. If he kept on doing me like that I'd melt in a few days.
I snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang. The sun suddenly seemed brighter in a good way and even the polluted city's air seemed to hold a unique fragrance. I suddenly felt like I was having a happy ending and a new beginning at the same time.
I walked back to the class sloppily before walking slowly while I passed Jihoon's class. Their homeroom teacher was taking roll call. Jihoon was staring at her with anticipation for his number to be announced. I could stare at him like this for the rest of my life.
I almost squealed when our eyes met. He was surprised to say the least but his mouth automatically formed a smiled as he tried hard not to blush.
I waved at him once before retreating my way back to my class. I was late but my mood wasn't much affected when our homeroom teacher gave me a sour look for disturbing pattern.
"What's got you to be so happy, Kwon Soonyoung?" She asked playfully glaring. "Stop smiling."
I nodded." Yes mam." She rolled her eyes as she went on with her work.
I sat on seat beside Doekyom. "What is it?"
"Later."