PTSD - Tom Holland

Do I need to put a warning?
Eh, I'm gonna put one anyways.

Warnings = PTSD
Summary =
Tom suffers from PTSD after filming his movie Cherry.
He gets nightmares about actually being in a war instead of being on set.

_______________________________////////////

Tom woke up screaming, shouting, his arms whacking the bed. Y/n immediately woke up to this, her eye wide as worst of the nightmares Tom got.

Y/n sat up only for Tom's hand to absinmindedly collide with her cheek, taking her off gaurd and making her fall back onto the bed. She didn't faise though, since she got back up, moving behind Tom. She wrapped her arms around him, stopping his hands from moving.

"Tommy, wake up! You're okay! You're safe" she quitened down once she heard Tom breathing slowly evening itself out. "You're alright, Tommy. You're alright" she said softly as he came back to his senses.

He sighed in relief that it was just a bad dream as Y/n moved to look at him, "Stupid movie" He said in frustration.

Tom had suffered a good bit mentally as he filmed Cherry. The movie was just a bit too much for him with all the drugs and bombs going off every few seconds. Sure, it'll make your heart pound against your ribcage, but this wasn't the kind of thing you would cheer about after.

"Same thing again?" Y/n asked, resting her head on his shoulder.

"....yeah" Tom replied with a sigh.

"Do you want some water?" She asked, making Tom nod.
"Alright, I'll be back in a minute" she reassured him, then got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen.

She grabbed a glass and filled it up with water. She made her way back upstairs, to the bedroom. Tom was now sitting up properly, breathing evened out but still sweaty. She handed him his water then went to his dresser to find a new shirt to sleep in.

Tom drank the water as she brought anew shirt over to him. She sat on the edge of the bed, looking at him. He placed the empty glass on the bedside table as she said, "Let's get this on you"

She helped him lift off the sweaty shirt, replacing it with the new shirt.
"Feeling better?" She asked.

Tom looked at her with a small smile,
"I love you" He said, his voice slightly hoarse from yelling. "And thank you so much"

Y/n smiled, "Don't thank me. I'm only doing it because I love you" she replied as she got back into bed.

"Now, come here" she said, with open arms. Tom lay down beside her, letting her wrap her arms around him. He kissed her cheek before falling asleep.

The next morning, Tom was first to wake up. The sun shining in through the cream coloured curtains making the room look like heaven.

Tom's gaze rested on Y/n. She looked so peaceful and angelic when she slept. But one thing that caught his attention, almost brought him to tears.

On her right cheek, was a bruise in the shape of a hand. Had he done that? He must have because it wasnt there when they went asleep last night. Tears pooled his eyes as they went wide as the realisation sank in.

He had hurt her. And he didn't even realise it until now. Sure, it was an accident...but not in Tom's eyes.
He had hurt her, physically damaged her. He felt frightened at his own actions. Scared he might do it again.

He separated himself from Y/n, trying not to wake her up as he made his way down to the living room.
He lay down on the couch, but wasn't able to fall asleep as he thoughts clouded everything.