Suprise? (Rudy Pankow)

This was requested by the lovely Queens_Angles

Rudy and Y/n have been dating since the dawn of time (6 years). During an interview, an unexpected question arises...

Enjoy!

---------------------------
"How are you two doing? Any news?" The interviewer asked, a smile on his face.

"We just bought a house together and we moved in last week so we're still getting used to it" Rudy said.

"Is it just you two living in that big house?" The interviewer asked.

"It's mainly just us and the dogs" Y/n laughed.

"Have you two ever though of having kids?" The interviewer asked.

"Of course we have. And it's gonna be amazing" Y/n hinted, a grin appearing on her face as she looked at Rudy.

"What? What do you mean?" Rudy asked confused.

"I'm pregnant" She said quietly, but everyone heard her.

"Oh my- Baby!" Rudy exclaimed, the happiest smile on his face.

Y/n chuckled. "Yes, it's gonna be a baby" She joked before he pulled her into a kiss.

"I love you so freaking much!" Rudy said after pulling away slightly, peppering her face with kisses.

Y/n laughed again before the cast members gave her a big group hug.

"Can you name it after me?" Jonathan asked, hopeful.

"No" "Yes" Rudy and Y/n said simultaneously before looking at each other. "If we don't come up with our own name, then yes" Y/n nodded.

Jonathan cheered excitedly. "Can I be the godfather?"

"I want to be the godfather!" Chase complained jokingly.

"I call dibs on Godmother!" Madison smiled.

"Okay then" Y/n looked at Rudy, the two sharing a look while everyone assigned themselves roles in the family.

"Guys relax. You'll have plenty of time to prove you're gonna be great godparents, don't argue about it now" Rudy smiled.

Everyone was buzzing with joy, the room was filled with happy energy. Even the camera crew were congratulating Y/n and Rudy, the cameras turned off.

Soon everyone left to allow the expecting couple some privacy.

"I still can't believe this is happening. I'm gonna be a Dad" Rudy smiled.

Y/n smiled back. "You're gonna be a Dad!" She repeated, hugging him.
"This is a dream come true. I love you, Rudy"

"I love you, Y/n" He whispered back, kissing her again.

---------One Month Later----------

"Max?" Rudy read from his list of names as he sat in the chair beside the bed where Y/n lay.

"We're not naming a dog, Rudy. Go for something unique" Y/n responded.

"What about 'Benjamin'?" Rudy suggested.

Y/n burst out laughing.
"

Definitely not. Too safisticated"

"Henry?"

"Henry....maybe" She said, writing it down on her list of other maybes, which was quite a long list.

"Alex?"

"Nah"

"Oliver?"

"Rudy..."

"Okay, okay" Rudy stopped, looking down at the names. "Jonathan?"

Y/n gave him a look. "That's our last resort. Keep looking" She said, before setting her hand on her growing belly, caressing it.

Rudy sighed, putting the list down and collapsing onto the bed beside Y/n. "This whole naming thing is hard. I don't know how parents stick with just one name"

"We'll have the right name by the time he's out" Y/n replied. "For now, I wanna sleep"

"Okay, baby" Rudy pulled the covers over her, making sure she was warm as he lay beside her. "Get some rest, because for the next year we won't be able to"

Y/n hummed. "I'm ready for it, though. We're gonna be great" She assured.

"I promise I won't faint" Rudy joked.

Y/n chuckled softly before taking his hand in hers. "You better not. I'm gonna need your hand to hold"

"I'll be there for you, always" He whispered before they both fell fast asleep, cuddled into each other.

------------Eight Months Later----------

The day had arrived, Y/n had gone into labour. Everything went pretty smoothly, their baby boy had come one day before his due date.

Rudy had packed everything before hand  so they were ready to up and leave when the time came.

The birth went very well, and the midwife handed Y/n her son to immediately give him some food. Rudy was so gentle when he lay his hand on his newborn's small back.

He was beside the hospital bed, leaning over to watch his son with curious and loving eyes. The new parents had fallen in love with their little boy.

Rudy kissed Y/n. "Thank you" He whispered against her lips.

She smiled tiredly, caressing his face before offering their son to his Dad.
Rudy held him with such care, the baby gripping at his Dad's pointer finger.
He felt tears well up in his eyes as he stared at his beautiful son.

A few minutes later, the doctor came in to check on the baby and to write his birth certificate. "And what's the name?"

Y/n and Rudy looked at eachother, smiling. "We're naming him, (Son's/name)"