6. Betrayals and Uncertainties

The air was cool that night.

The party had pretty much been a disaster, but that was normal whenever Chloe tried to do something nice.

You snuck out near the end of the party and sat on the roof of the hotel Chloe lived in. Your feet were hanging high over the city and your hands were clutched tightly to the ledge. Your heart pounded in your chest at the thought of your untimely death you seemed to be setting yourself up for.

But that's why you loved it too.

That sense of control.

Even with all the fear rumbling through you, the view was worth it.

Paris was stunning at night, even if you weren't looking at the Eiffel Tower. The city had slowed down but the lights shining through the windows of the apartments lit up the night like stars fallen to the Earth.

"Please don't fall." His voice was soft so it wouldn't startle you, and his request came across as a warning to his presence. You felt the sound of his voice rush over you and you turned your head slightly to the side to see Adrien standing there, holding half of a pink macaroon.

Her signature color.

"Marinette makes the best, second to my dad." You laughed softly and Adrien hummed in agreement.

He walked over and sat on the floor with his back against the ledge you were sitting on. He made no move to sit directly next to you, and you couldn't tell if that was out of fear of making you fall, or simply being scared of falling himself.

"What're you doing out here all alone?" He asked you. Everyone had been inside having their redo baking lesson, but you were no where to be seen. No one made it known if they had noticed your absence, but after snagging one of Marinette's macaroons, he began to look all over for you.

You sighed as your eyes traced the patterns of the stars, "Just thinking." You replied simply.

You felt your knuckles and joints start to stiffen, so you kicked your legs over and hopped off the ledge and back onto the solid flooring. You sat next to Adrien and leaned your head back against the ledge, mimicking his position.

"About what?" He asked with a sigh of relief. He was so worried that you were going to fall, every time a simple breeze came through in the few moments he had been up there, he had to resist the automatic urge to reach for you.

"About how I don't belong here." You whispered the raw thought that crossed your mind often.

Your sister hardly talked to you and when she did it was often in between screaming matches.

Your parents were to preoccupied in the bakery to notice if something was off about you. You even had a difficult time forming solid relationships with your peers, because you always felt like there was somewhere else you should be.

Your mind was in the stars, wandering across the adventures of the sky.

"Why wouldn't you belong here?" Adrien questioned with a confused expression.

You sighed as your body hunched forward and your hands laced in your hair that covered the sides of your head. "I'm just seriously struggling. My relationship with my family is complete shit and I have a horrible time making friends. I'm so unbelievably bad at it. I feel like I'm supposed to be anywhere but here."

"By here do you mean Paris or-"

You nodded, "Yeah. Paris." You sighed.

Adrien was quiet for a moment which made you nervous. You allowed your eyes a moment to wander the inches of his face. His hair didn't shine under the light of the stars like it did during the day, but it was dazzling under the light of the moon nonetheless.