38. The Worst Possible Outcome

It was dark, and he was alone.

You had insisted that he stayed the night, for Dakota's sake of course—but he just couldn't.

He knew what was going on. He saw the two of you, lightly touching each other's hands as you passed by, or the sly hand he placed on your waist when you were convinced no one was looking.

But Adrien was always looking.

If only he had knew, what danger he set himself up for when he walked alone that night.

Because Adrien never made it back home.

**
"Your phone is ringing." Marinette called as she left the kitchen and walked back into the living room.

"I know." You groaned, rolling over with lidded eyes and reached towards it. "It's probably just Luka." Marinette was staying the night and it was getting very late. You wanted nothing more than to be curled up in your fuzzy blankets, but apparently being a sister took priority over sleeping.

You didn't know who made those stupid ass rules, you just hoped that Jess and Zoe hurried back quickly so they could entertain her while you slept.

"That doesn't look like Luka." She pointed to the screen.

You sat up rather quickly, worried it may be more harassing messages from your band mates, and noticed an unknown number.

"What the hell?" You grumbled as you pulled your phone closer. "Do I answer it?" You stared at it weirdly.

She shrugged. "It's probably some guy just trying to sell you a car."

"I like cars!" You grinned as you answered the phone.

"Wait no-"

"Is this Y/n Dupain-Cheng?" The voice sounded gravelly, almost like they were using a voice modifier.

"Who's asking?" You we're sitting up completely straight now, Marinette looked at you nervously and motioned for you to put it on speaker phone.

Once you complied, the person started speaking again. "We know exactly who the three of you are. We have the miracle box and the man the two of you love. You better come find him, before it's too late."

The two of you looked back at each other, not fully understanding the severity of the situation.

Once the caller hung up, the call was replaced by a streaming service forced onto everyone's phone.

"People of Paris!" The camera was directed towards a man who's image could not be fully made out in the shadows. "You believe that we have been protected all this time by these so called heroes! When in reality most of the akumatizations were caused by them in their civilian forms!"

You noticed his foot was on top of something, it almost looked like a stool when you realized it was Adrien he stood on.

You stood rather abruptly. "That makes us all wonder, who are these individuals who have been horribly keeping you safe? The ones who couldn't even acquire the miraculous from Hawkmoth once they located him?" You could tell he was smirking. "Adrien Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

Their images flashed on the screen.

You dropped your phone and ran to the door, thankfully finding Zoe and Jess standing there—holding their own phones.

"Here I have Adrien Agreste. I found him walking alone oh so sadly." He mocked. "It was so easy."

Marinette was transforming and your ushered Zoe and Jess to your son's room to watch over him and hold him tightly.

"Now what are you waiting for Dupain-Cheng twins? Come save him."

The video feed shut off and Marinette looked at you. "Do you have it?" She asked shakily. The way she stood you could tell that she was completely defeated. Everything she had worked hard to protect for almost a decade was ripped right out from under her.

And now you were all at risk, what was she to do?

"I do." You tapped on your hair clip nervously.

"I don't have anyone else." She tried to regain a certain steadiness in her voice. "They have them all, I can't get any miraculous's now that he has control of the box."

She walked up towards you and clutched to your shoulders tightly. "Help me save him, one last time?" She asked with a smile.

You nodded firmly.

**
The two of you left for the streets.

The kwami she had given you, once Adrien took back Plagg, was named Tweet, the crow miraculous. (It's made up, sue me XD ) Tweet gave you the power of flight.

The two of you swung towards the Eiffel Tower to see helicopters circling it, but what were they to do other than watch? This man had taken all of the Chinese miraculous's—he had the most power in all of France.

"Jess has an American one." You whispered to yourself. "She will keep him safe."

"Ah so you have come, my dear heroes!" The man announced as he saw the two of you approaching.
"Let's relish in this moment that Gabriel Agreste fought so hard for! Years he spent trying to bring the two of you down, and then comes me. I did it in a mere few months."

Manon had taken her place besides Felix, anxiously watching his every move.

The rings controlling the lives of him and his cousin were worn on his fingers, kept close to him at all times.

If she could just get it, she could end all of this.

"Manon." Adrien coughed out from under Felix's foot. "You're better than this—you can stop!" He cried out.

She stared down at him, almost amazed that he had remembered her after all those years of not seeing one another. She felt tears brimming and she turned so she didn't have to face him like that. "I wish I could say I was sorry, Adrien." She had to maintain her cover. "I have to win, it's the only thing that matters."

"Not if you do it through evil!" He exclaimed and Felix's foot pushed down harder.

"Shut your mouth." He grounded out. "You don't have much longer, you better hope they have something they can use to save you."

Adrien shook his head and Manon noticed their wasn't an ounce of doubt in his bright green eyes.

"Y/n will save me." He shook his head. "She always has."

Short, buildup kinda thing :)