13. Accidents and Truth

"You're back." Your voice was a whisper as you sleepily rubbed your eyes, laying down the book you had been reading on your nightstand.

"I didn't think you would still be up, or that your window would be unlocked." He stood rather stiffly as he shifted his weight on his feet.

You nodded, smiling softly. "I had a feeling you were going to stop by." You spoke softly to ensure you wouldn't wake your parents.

"Why?" He asked, not realizing how predictable he was.

"I figured with the way you've been acting that you would be worried about me after today." Your smile shifted into a smirk as you saw the bashful look spread across his face.

"Well getting turned into glitter is a big deal!" He whisper-yelled defensively and you nodded.

"Oh I know I was there." Your tone was playful and you noticed his sigh as he clenched his fist where his heart was.

"Do you know me in your civilian form or something?" You asked softly, knowing he couldn't answer that question but you were curious all the same.

You were surprised that he managed to keep his composure with that question. You knew he had a very dramatic and sporadic personality, so you honestly had expected him to throw himself out of the window.

"I can't answer that Y/n." He was stiff and you nodded as you laid back on your pillow.

"I know."

"How's your back?" He asked, noticing you were laying on it.

You dodged his question, "You sure do worry about me a lot for someone who potentially doesn't even know me in your real life." You continued on with closed eyes, feeling the tension radiating from him.

"Y/n." He warned softly.

"My back is okay." You admitted as you sat up again and pulled two bottles off your nightstand, "Icy hot is God's gift to the Earth. Three aspirins and a heating pad." You grinned, honestly feeling numb and a bit woozy at this point.

He was shaking his head and laughing at you. "You're a mess." He spoke but you knew it wasn't directed as an insult.

You shrugged, "Yeah but at least I'm a hot mess." You we're grinning again and didn't notice how your comment made the heat rise on his cheeks.

"I'll go and let you sleep." He whispered with a strained voice, not wanting to leave.

"Oh do visit me again monsieur, I do adore your nightly visits." You spoke in a goofy accent as you waved your hand around in circles.

He had an adoring look plastered across his face as he stood, ready to leap out your window once again. He would've answered and told you he would come back as much as you liked, but you passed out against your headboard.

He jumped  back into your room and placed the bottles back on your nightstand. He placed his hand under your knee and the other behind your upper back and moved you so you were laying properly on your pillows. He pulled your large, fluffy comforter over your body and you gripped it close to you and moved yourself into a hunched position on your side.

He smiled softly, "Goodnight, Y/n." Before sauntering back to your window and jumping out, closing and locking it for you.

Your eyes opened slightly, and your hand clenched against your heart like he had minutes earlier. "So many...conflicting feelings." You groaned as you thought about the three boys in your life who were each pulling at your heart.

**

You stepped onto the houseboat, more hesitantly than you ever had before. It was quiet, which was unusual for that time of day. You walked on slowly, worried that Luka had given you the wrong time.