12. Worry and Confusion

Luka, 7:55 p.m.

Y/n are you okay?

Luka, 7:58 p.m.

I saw the news and bits of it on the barge, please just respond once you see this

Luka, 9:00 p.m.

I'm really sorry I made the wrong choice today

Luka, 9:10 p.m.

I hope you still come to our next session. I'd love to finish the song.

You sighed as you swiped away his final message, just as you had with the three prior.

Your window was wide open and you were leaning against the bottom of it, letting your head hang slightly out of the window. You sighed as the wind whipped through your hair— even with how little you had let out. The night felt almost freezing. It was mid fall, and the cool weather began to remind you of New York.

This had to be your favorite part of Paris, just this night, just this moment.

You sat there for a moment with your eyes closed. Just as you were about to turn and head back to bed, you heard a muffled shout.

"Heads up!" The voice was clearer now and you jumped out of the way as you saw the dark figure barreling towards your window.

You searched desperately for something to arm yourself with. You picked up the hardback novel you had been reading less than an hour before. The figure groaned against your floor, clearly not expecting their landing to be as rough as it was.

You shakily held the book over your head, ready to do something with it.

The figure began to move and you held up your free hand defensively as you backed up into your nightstand. "Stay back!" You warned, wanting to yell, but decided against it before you identified the stranger.

"Now, Y/n, that's not how you read a book." You could almost see his cheeky grin through the darkness of your room.

"Chat Noir?" You gasped as you dropped your book onto your bed, letting out a sigh of relief.

He turned around and clicked on the lamp that sat on your vanity. "The one and only." He spoke with an almost smug smirk as he pointed towards his chest. You couldn't help but roll your eyes at his confidence.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" You demanded. A surprised look crossed Chat Noir's face at your reaction.

Does he normally go into girl's rooms unannounced...to find a teenager ecstatic about his presence? You raised an eyebrow to your own thought.

His expression fell serious. "I wanted to check up on you. It seems you've been having a rough couple of weeks."

You snickered, wanting to correct him on the time frame of your rough period. You waved your hand out in a circular motion in front of him. "Is this a thing you do? I've never heard of Ladybug and Chat Noir making house visits hours later." Your arms were now crossed, and he wasn't entirely sure what to say.

He knew that he could easily talk to you as Adrien about your feelings. He watched you standing there looking incredibly irritated with him. It was almost amusing how drastically different you acted with him and his alter ego.

He knew he should've come to you as Adrien, but Chat Noir would have to do for tonight.

"It's not, but I've recently found myself in some serious situations with you." You noticed his eyes advert down to the base of your bed, which was broken. He extended a finger towards it, "What happened there?" His voice shook like he didn't even want to know the answer to his own question.