27. Rumor and Terror

"I can't go outside." You paced around the living room of your new apartment. "Who the hell is going to go get Dakota!?" You groaned as you gripped your hair.

Zoe and Jess both sat cross legged on your couch. They warily looked back and forth at each other, before Jess eventually sighed.

"Zoe will pick him up." She was standing now with a hand on your shoulder to stop you from pacing.

Zoe opened her mouth to protest but Jess gave her a stern look. Zoe rolled her eyes but nodded nonetheless, walking into your kitchen to grab her keys.

Jess held you by your shoulders and walked you back towards your couch. "What's happening now hun?" She asked as she rubbed your arm comfortingly. She had only just walked into the living room when she had seen her wife staring at you as you freaked out in the living room.

You smacked yourself against your forehead. "Someone fucking—" You groaned like a child. "Fucking saw me with Adrien at the jail yesterday and now there all of these rumors floating around the internet. They even had a news special on Adrien's secret lover." You smacked yourself again and she grabbed your hand and placed it on your lap.

"So they haven't identified you yet?" She asked with a tilt of her head.

"It's just a matter of time! The police officers sure knew who I am. I bet it was one of those bitchy visitors—I swear when I-!" She pulled you in and hugged you tightly. It made your breathe hitch in your throat, considering it had been years since the two of you had hugged.

"You need to breathe Y/n." Her voice was firm, you swore it always was. Jess was the only reason you all managed to stay sane most of the time. She was always so calm and collected—you tried your hardest to be like her in that aspect, but you often fell short.

Before you could speak again—there was a knock on your door. After patting you on the head, Jess stood and went to answer your door.

"Oh—hey Marinette." Jess greeted.

"Hey Jess—Y/n!" She was panicking which made your recently calmed anxiety spike again.

"What—Mari—what's wrong?!" You exclaimed and she pulled you in for an anxious hug before pushing you back again.

"Your tv is off. Why the hell is your tv off?!" She yelled and you shook your head without an answer.

"I don't know dammit! Don't you have your own tv?" You retaliated and she groaned.

Marinette turned and grabbed the remote off your couch. "Well you missed the recent update then."

"I'm Nadia Chamack and this just in—Adrien Agreste, the famous fashion model and son of the convicted Gabriel Agreste is rumored to have a wife!" The woman exclaimed and your eyes just about fell out of your head. "Witnesses report that they saw an emotional interaction between Adrien and who was just identified as the famous singer: Y/n Dupain-Cheng! Could this be a turning point in the trial of the Agrestes? Stay tuned in!"

You fell to the floor.

"What...the actual...fuck!?" You screamed as you threw the pillow you had someone been clutching at your window.

It bounced lightly back off but that didn't stop you from continuing your rage. "I swear that lady doesn't know how to mind her own damn business! What's next? Are they going to release a photo of my son on television?!" You growled. "Thats fucking illegal and I'll sue that company's ass for all it's worth!" You had tears stemming from your anger streaming down your cheek.

Your sister and best friend were both in front of you with reassuring smiles on their faces. Jess reached up and held your face in her hands. "You can protect them both. You have the strength."