16. Childhood and Broken Lenses

"It's too early for this shit." You groaned sleepily, hunched over, as you kept bumping into Adrien as the two of you walked to class.

"That's what you get for staying up all night." He answered stoically, but you knew he had a smug smirk just itching to show itself.

You shoved him. "You didn't even come over last night, don't act like you know." You scoffed and he simply chuckled.

"Feisty this morning." You could've sworn he made a purring noise.

Your eyes widened as you stared up at him. "Bold this morning." You simply repeated back as the two of you finally made it to your classroom.

You walked over to your seats and the bell instantly rung. Right on time. You sighed to yourself as you stared forward, noticing your teacher was standing alongside the principal.

"Today your class representative Marinette will be passing out these fliers." Mr. Damacles began as your sister went row to row passing out the thin pamphlets.

"It is filled with a questionnaire with study options you can take after school." As he spoke, she hesitantly placed one on your desk as she quickly moved to visit your other classmates.

You opened it slowly and flipped through the pretty basic career aptitude questions.

You knew what your passions were; music and traveling. Your parents had always told you that a career shouldn't feel like work, it should be something you loved. You furrowed your eyebrows as you tapped your pencil softly against your desk.

"If you still aren't sure, there will be a career expo all over Paris! You can visit the booths and I'm sure you will find something that will inspire you." This caught your attention.

Inspire me?

**

"I'm defined by my choices and what I want out of life, eh?" You asked yourself with a chuckle as you shoved the questionnaire into your bag.

"Struggling too?" Adrien asked with a shy smile as he approached your desk.

You let out a snort. "Yeah, I've never really thought this far ahead about things. Sure, I know what I love to do, but can I really make a career out of it?" You spoke with a shrug as the two of you made your way back out of the class.

"I think you can make a career out of anything."

You glanced up at the boy with a quirked eyebrow. "What about you Agreste? Don't you already have a career?" You questioned with a hum.

He sighed and nodded softly. "Technically. I only model because my father asks me too. I guess I've never though beyond that."

You grinned cheekily. "What? No dumbass childhood dream of becoming a astronaut firefighter who saves the aliens on Mars?"

He looked at you with a blank expression, "Don't tell me that was your dream..."

You we're flabbergasted. "Of course not!"

"What was yours then?" He snickered, obviously expecting it to be something silly.

You were flustered and turned away from him with puffed out cheeks. "It's too prestigious for your immature self to handle."

Adrien laughed and ruffled your hair. "Whatever you say Y/n."

"What was your childhood dream then?"

"I'm not telling you mine since you won't tell me yours." He retaliated.

"Fine! See if I fucking care!"