35. Vicious Beginning

Manon
When she had imagined her future, she was sure she would be a world renowned famous model. She wanted to be just as famous as you and Adrien, maybe even more.

She worked for it everyday, ate a stringent diet and exercised until her muscles ached to much to move.

But like always, her mother forbade her.

"You can be serious?!" Manon remembered snapping at the older, stressed out woman.

Her mother was losing her strength when it came to her daughter. Day after day she would go to the studio just to come home to her overbearing daughter.

"It's not good for you Manon." Her mother sighed. "I always told you I wanted to keep you out of the spotlight."

But she was born for the spotlight. How could her mother not see that?

She knew the things she had done was wrong. She should have never taken down Agreste and join the team of the mysterious man. He was the most wicked man she had ever met and she knew she was getting in to deep.

He was so serious, always calculating.

Always betraying someone.

"This is perfect!" He was grinning and she had never seen the man so excited.

She sat quietly on her chair, her legs crossed as she patiently waited for him.

"Manon don't you get it?" He grinned. "This will do it!" Manon noticed his kwami shivering towards the ceiling.

"They separated themselves! It's perfect." He laughed maniacally. "Once I get the address of his new place, taking him and his miraculous will be simple."

"Do you really think that will draw them out?" She asked.

"Of course." He snorted and she had never heard him make such an undignified sound. "Y/n thinks she is done with him, but their love story has been fated since the beginning of time." He grinned.

He took a step closer to her and leaned his face in. "And once I get rid of him, she will be all mine."

Manon, like always, pushed him away. "Is that really the goal? Just getting your hands on a person who has no desire to be with you?"

He shrugged as he walked back towards his thinking area. "You wouldn't understand dear girl." He shook his head. "That woman is completely intoxicating. She is the key to ruling this world."

He was right, she couldn't understand.

She didn't know what was so special about you, just a girl who has made some questionable decisions. How would you change anything?

**
You hated leaving him there.

You had been staying the past nights at your parents house, due to the threat.

You may have also been avoiding Luka.

You couldn't help it, every time you walked those stairs you thought about him waiting for you at your door—ready to make good on his declaration.

But alas, he never was there.

You wondered if he didn't believe you, if he thought you were still with Adrien.

You reached the top step and you felt your heart stop. His hood was black and pulled up. It wasn't a typical outfit choice for him, but it couldn't have been anyone else.

Your hopeful glasses soon fell away when you realized the person at the door wasn't Luka at all. He was way taller than the person creeping too closely to your door.