Epilogue

"Why do you still keep a picture of him next to your nightstand? Does Luka not get bothered by that?"

Dakota was sitting on your bed as you finished straightening your hair. Out of the corner of your vanity you could see him messing with the photo of Adrien, staring down at it sadly.

Some days you found it hard to look at your son. He was ten now and he looked more like his father every day.

"No he doesn't get bothered." You turned off the straightener and walked over to you before to take a seat next to it. "We both loved your dad very much."

You noticed how furrowed his brows were, a habit he definitely picked up from you.

"I'm grateful for Luka you know." Dakota started. "But I won't lie and say that I don't miss having dad around."

You shook your head and pulled him in tightly. "You don't ever have to stop missing him. Luka is not a replacement for you dad, he is just here to love you." You were crying again, you were so damn tired of crying.

Five years it had been and so much had changed.

You and Luka had paused any sort of romantic relationship for a while, though he was by your side for every moment you could remember.

He had given up his art for a while, your career was long gone.

But you made it by and one day your heart felt healed enough to let him back into your life like that again. The two of you decided to get married a year after having your daughter.

"I love Lilly too," he spoke like it was a promise, "But I'm jealous."

You nodded your head in understanding. The older Dakota got, the more you explained Adrien's past. You had taught him of the miraculous and it's power. You told him about the great responsibility Adrien and Marinette had for so long.

You even told him about the Peacock miraculous that brought his father to life.

For a while, you were wondering what having a sentimonster for a father meant for your boy.

Thorough research on Marinette's part proves that he is just human, since Adrien was conceived to be.

Marinette moved back in with your parents after everything went down. They ended up closing the shop for an extended period.

Once it was finally up and running again, Marinette left Paris and traveled the world.

"I remember the last day I saw dad." Dakota whispered, surprising you.

"You do?"

Dakota nodded. "It was Christmas, I was young. I remember clinging to him and begging him to stay. I didn't like that he lived anywhere that wasn't with us."

You kissed Dakota's head.

The two of you heard a light knock on the door. "It's almost time to go-" Luka held Lilly tightly in his arms. Lilly giggled as she trying to push her way into the room to see her brother. She loved him so much. "We can give you another minute."

"It's okay." Dakota spoke up. "You can sit with us."

The four of you sat on the floor hugging and crying, well Lilly was just chewing on her fingers.

You held your son close as he held the picture of the man you loved so much and you realized that this was it.

This love you felt for your children and your husband was the heartbreak cure you were searching for.

You just wish it didn't take so much sadness to find it.

***

You tried this a few times.

You tried to build up the strength.

"Duusu, spread my feathers." You whispered.

You allowed the power of the miraculous to spread throughout you.

You made sure the door to your porch was closed before picking one of the twin rings back up.

"Bring my creation...to life." You whispered as you pulled out an amok. You knew this was probably the last thing you should be doing, but you swore you would try for your son.

You weren't expecting it to work.

You never did.

But there he was, standing before you—eyes shining brighter than ever before.

"It's nice to see you again, Y/n."

End

Thank you for joining me on this adventure and my speed running the chapters today XD. I know this was a wild ride but thank you for sticking around.

There will be three alternate ending chapters coming up, I did one for Adrien, Zoe, and Kagami

Thank you all
<3
AG