7. Blame and Losses

"I love the stars."

The two of you were no older than seven or eight, and you sat on the rooftop balcony just above your room. It was way past your bedtime and the two of you felt especially sneaky for being out there.

"Why do you love them?" Marinette asked with a puzzled expression, being this was the first time you mentioned this.

You shrugged and turned to look into her big bluebell eyes. "They remind me that there's a whole world of people out there waiting for me to meet...it makes me feel less lonely."

Marinette snorted, "How do you even think you're alone?"

You shook your head, "I didn't say alone, I said lonely."

"Wrong you can't be lonely." She said simply.

You furrowed your eyebrows, confused why she was fighting you on this. "Why?" You asked softly and she turned and faced you with a goofy grin.

"Because you have me silly! You can't ever be lonely with a twin, we're like built in best friends!" She giggled and held out her pinky towards you.

You smiled, happy with her response. "Always and forever?" You asked as you held up your pinky too.

"Always and forever." The two of you linked your pinkies, before falling asleep under the watchful eye of the stars.

"Peace Wrecker," His voice drew out every letter in the name he assigned to you.

You were gripping your head and trying desperately to fight back against him. "Who...the hell...are you?!" You gasped out and continued to grip your hair tighter, "Let go of me dammit!" You screamed as the tension in your head caused tears to poor from your eyes. The echoing sound of his sly laugh rang through your ears.

"Don't struggle now...all I want to do is help you. Peace Wrecker, my name is Shadow Moth. I personally wanted to welcome you back to Paris."His condescending voice droned on. "Ever since you returned you've felt nothing but, dread, sadness, anger." Every time he spoke he put more emphasis on the emotions you've been feeling.

"Fuck...off!" You cried out, desperate for air.

"Fight it Y/n!" You heard Marinette yell but her voice was barely processing in your head as you tried to fight off his power.

"Everyone around you has made you feel miserable for returning...I simply want to help you get revenge on all of those who have hurt you. Take away their peace! Make all of them feel as worthless and angry as you feel! I can give you the power to do all of this...all I need from you in return is Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous."

In the end, Shadow Moth's desire won over your dwindling will to fight.

"Yes...Shadow Moth." Tears streamed down your cheeks as you were submerged in his power.

Marinette began to run, yelling over her shoulder, "Everyone! Hide!" She dashed out of her friend's eye line to transform.

Marinette ducked in an alleyway and Tikki flew out of Marinette's purse. "Marinette..." her voice was disapproving and sad.

But her eyes, she looked fearful.

"I know Tikki! Jeez I know! I just don't even know why I'm like that!" Marinette sobbed.

"Jealousy. Marinette, not everything is her fault, I think-"

Marinette gritted her teeth, not wanting to hear her kwami say all of the things she already knew, "Tikki, spots on."