five. off to the ball

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter five: off to the ball

chapter five: off to the ball

Founder's day ball. Once a year, like clockwork, the ball rolled around for the residents of Mystic Falls. It was a way for them to all celebrate the day that the four founding families, founded the town. Emory thought that it was kind of stupid to have a day devoted to such a thing, but she hadn't grown up with money and the privileges these wealthy families had. So maybe she just didn't understand their ways.

The young woman was in her quarters putting her daylight necklace onto her neck, as she thought about how the night would go. She didn't really have high hopes, considering she wasn't much for a big lavish party like her twin, and she had chosen to be escorted by the wrong brother.

Sure Stefan Salvatore, was nice and friendly but she didn't feel anything when she was around him. Other than friendship. But at the time she thought that it would have been the best thing for her tonight, going with Damon would have only caused problems. It was hard enough for her to keep her love for him a secret and she knew going with him would only make it even more obvious how she felt for him.

So, she took the safe opposite.

As for Katherine, she secretly didn't really want to take either of the brothers to the ball. It's not like she was really in love with either of them, she was only pretending. She hadn't loved anyone since she was exiled from her village, when she was human. Now, all she did was sting men along and create a lot of trouble because she was bored. And simply just because she could.

"You look lovely, Miss Pierce."

Emory glanced through the mirror she was stood in front off, and smiled when she saw Stefan stood in the doorway to her room. She may not of had any romantic feelings for him, but she loved him all the same. He was the closet friend she'd had in a long time.

"Thank you, Mr Salvatore. You don't look so bad yourself." Emory gave herself a once over before she brushed down her dress, and then she turned around to look at her date.

"Shall we?" He asked, putting his arm out for her to take, and she couldn't help but smile at him again.

"We shall."

⌗ 🌻°. •♡

 •♡