nine. our days are numbered

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter nine: our days are numbered

chapter nine: our days are numbered

It had been a few days since Damon and Stefan had been told they had to help kill the vampires. And neither brother was sure that they could actually help do it, not when that meant that they would have to kill the women that they loved. Damon would let himself be killed before anything ever happened to Emory, he knew that much. For him there was no life without her, he could only ever think about a future with her.

"You can trust us, Mr. Salvatore. We'd most certainly not cheat, ever." Emory Pierce told Giuseppe Salvatore as the two of them and Katherine were all in engaging in a game of croquet, and the Pierce twins were very clearly winning. From afar Stefan and Damon were watching them.

Emory swung her mallet back before she hit the ball, and knocked it right through the bridge. Giuseppe sighed as the younger Pierce let out a small laugh, and high-fived the older twin. The Salvatore brothers walked closer to their father and the women that they loved, but they still remained at a distance.

"I'm losing over here. Again!" Giuseppe exclaimed.

"They're good. I almost believe they genuinely like him." Damon said, as they observed the way that the twins were interacting with their father.

"Perhaps they do." Stefan told his older brother, casuing Damon to scoff at how naive his brother sounded.

"They both know that our father would have them killed, if he knew what they really were." Damon said, as he continued to watch the girls playing against their father, or more specifically he was watching Emory. The twins were listening into the brothers conversation as they played, and Emory glanced over at Damon and gave him a small grin.

"Not if we talked to him; explained how we feel. He could help us keep them safe." Stefan said, and Damon immediately snapped around to face his younger brother because that was the worst thing that had ever come out of his mouth.

"Have you gone mad? No, no, father would drive a stake in both of them himself." Damon told his younger brother, with a worried look on his face, most of his worry was for Emory rather than Katherine.

Stefan quickly shock his head at Damon. He was always his father's strongest advocate. "That's not true. We can trust him."

Damon looked at his brother and shock his head a little mad at him, with a pleading look in his eyes. Although, he honestly just wanted to smack some sense into him in that moment. "No, no, not with this." Damon said, as he placed a hand onto his brother's shoulder. "No, please...-promise me you won't tell him, Stefan."

Stefan let out a low breath as he looked over at the sisters, or more specifically he looked right at Emory. She lifted up her index finger as she moved it from one side to the other, whist she shock her head lightly ar him. As a way to make him promise Damon not to tell their father about their secret. Stefan saw the look that she held in her eyes, and he knew that he didn't want to hurt her. He looked back at his brother.

"I promise."

⌗ 🌻°. •♡

A few days later, it was pouring down with rain outside as Emily and Annabelle were stood outside of apothecary shop, shielded from the rain obviously. Whist Emory was stood inside the shop with Katherine and Damon, as Pearl talk to them about the town's vervain supply that had started growing inside the shop.

"The Sheriff was here earlier. He brought large volumes of the vervain elixir." Pearl informed the three of them. Emory let out a quiet sigh as she looked over at Katherine and Damon stood next to one another before looking back a Pearl.

"Did he try to touch you again?" Emory asked, with a small smirk on her face.

Pearl let out a laugh. "Doesn't he always?" She asked back. And Katherine let out a giggle, before looking at Damon and linking her arm through his, casuing Emory to discreetly roll her eyes.

"She's saving herself for Johnathan Gilbert." She informed the Salvatore brother, and Pearl lightly shock her head at the Pierce girl.

"I am beyond saving. We know that." Pearl said. The Pierce sisters both laughed at her joke, as Damon looked between them all and focused on Emory with a worried look on his face. He didn't want any of them to get caught, especially her.

"How can you be so calm? They're getting closer to you every day." He asked the sisters, and yet he still remained focused on the Pierce girl over by the windows.

"We're respectable ladies of Mystic Falls. Thanks to Emily, we walk the streets in daylight. No one will ever suspect us." Emory told him, staring right into his eyes and Damon could see the worry in her own eyes before she quickly looked away from him and back at Pearl. But little did she know, that she was completely wrong about that one.

Someone did suspect them.

"Not unless a human tells them." Pearl snapped, shifting her attention to the Salvatore. He looked over at her and quickly shock his head.

"I'd sooner die." Damon told her.

"And soon enough you will." Katherine said. She turned Damon's head into her direction, and he gave her a fake smile as the two of them shared a kiss. Causing Emory to look away from them and out of the window, trying her hardest to not vomit everywhere. Annabelle came into the apothecary and looked right at her mother, while the four of them looked over at her.

"Mrs. Fell is approaching." She quietly told her mother.

Katherine and Damon stepped out of the way, and Annebelle smiled at him casuing him to smile and nodded his head lightly at her. Pearl smiled at her daughter as she made her way over to her. "Thank you, Annabelle."

Pearl wrapped her arms around her daughter, casuing the girl to let out a cheerful laugh.