four. when i should stay away but can't

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter four: when i should stay away but can't

chapter four: when i should stay away but can't

It had been over a week since Emory had kissed Damon, and she had been doing her best to avoid him at any cost. As for Damon he was still confused about why she had run away, and still thought that he had done something wrong and it definitely didn't help his overthinking when she was avoiding him. Everytime, he went into a room that she was in she would quickly leave or she would spend more time with Stefan just to get away from Damon. Which she hated herself for doing, but she couldn't let Katherine get the slightest hit that she had feelings for Damon.

She would hate her for it, and Emory knew that.

After the tenth day of her avoiding him, he just gave up on trying to even talk to her and just went about his day like she wasn't even there. It hurt him to do that, but he was just scared that he would end up doing something else wrong. And he was off back to war in a couple of days as well, so he didn't want to waste his time with worrying about that, and miss out on time with his brother.

Which is what he was doing at this moment.

Damon ran out of his house with a football in hand, whilst Stefan ran out behind him with a laugh. Emory, who was sat in a chair on the porch, looked up from her book and made eye contact with Damon for a few moments before they both quickly looked away and went back to what they were doing.

"Wait. Where did you learn this game?" Stefan asked his older brother, as they both ran down the stairs of the porch, laughing.

"Camp outside Atlanta. One officer picked it up at Harvard. Catch." Damon told him, as he tossed the football over to his brother.

"Wait. Wait. What are the rules?" Stefan asked his brother, as he stopped run and just stood in his spot staring at his brother waiting for a response.

Emory smiled to herself before she closed up her book and walked over to the top of the steps. And before Damon could respond to his brother, the Pierce girl spoke up first. "Who needs rules?"

The two brothers looked up at the porch and both smiled at the Pierce girl stood at the top of the stairs, still holding her own smile. Katherine soon came out of the house and join her sister.

"Mind if we join you?" Katherine asked as the two sisters picked up the bottom of their dresses, and descended the stairs. Katherine slowly made her way over to Damon, causing her sister to roll her eyes slightly as she made her way over to Stefan. Damon grinned at the younger Pierce girl, as he saw the eye roll she had done.

"Well, uh, you could...-you could get hurt. My brother likes to play rough." Stefan informed the older Pierce girl, while he looked right at Emory with a light smile on his face as he walked closer to her.