twenty. emerald coast

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter twenty: in the emerald coast

chapter twenty: in the emerald coast

Emerald Coast, Florida; Circa 2008

Mason Lockwood was in Emerald Coast, sat in a bar all by himself and it just so happened to be spring break so there were kids Everywhere. The underage girls were getting the older men to buy them alcoholic drinks and even flirting with them, but Mason wasn't interested in any of that in the slightest. He just wanted to have a few drinks alone and then go home.

Mason pulled out his money and started counting out the amount that he needed. "Alright, Carlos that's it for me." He informed the bartender, who gave him a lightly nod of his head and Mason left the money for the bill plus some extra for a tip on the bar, and then he got up and took his leave. Mason had realized that someone was following after him, and when he got to his car.

He was shoved.

Mason quickly turned around to see who had pushed him and instantly ready to fight them back, but that was until it was one of his friends, which he didn't expect at all. "Hey, Jimmy, easy...-let's get you home." Mason said, and he could easily tell that his friend was pretty wasted, as he couldn't even stand properly and his eyes were only half open.

"Screw you!" Jimmy yelled out, before he shoved against Mason's chest, casuing him to tumble back. "I know about you and Marla!"

Mason looked at his friend confused, because Marla was Jimmy's girlfriend and there definitely wasn't anything going on with the two of them. "What are you talking about? You've had too much to drink, let's...-"

Mason didn't get to finish what he was saying as Jimmy grabbed a hold of his throat, as he wasn't finished. He had been compelled by a certain brunette vampire, to attack Mason until he fought back and killed him. There was someone who wanted him to active his werewolf curse, and there was only one way to do that.

And that was murder or an accident.

"Dude! What's up?! It's me Mason! I'm not messing with Marla. You know that." Mason said after he shoved his friend in the chest, to get him off of him. Jimmy just shock his head at him, before punching him square in the face.

"You don't want to do this buddy." Mason told him.

"I'll kill you!"

And that is exactly what he tired to do. Jimmy throw Mason onto the ground and started repeatedly kicking him in the stomach, before Mason couldn't take it anymore and reached out and grabbed Jimmy's leg so that he couldn't kick him anymore, and then picked him away from him and stood up from the ground. Mason lifted Jimmy up over his shoulder and slammed him down onto the ground, casuing him to hit his head, hard.

A sickening sound coming from is skull cracking.

"Jimmy? Jimmy?" Mason asked, as he shock Jimmy's lifeless body. He hadn't known his own strength, and didn't want to kill him because he knew the consequences if he murdered anyone. Mason looked up at the sky and saw that it was a full moon, and he knew exactly what it meant.

He would be turning very soon.

Mason crouched down on the floor next to his dead friend, Jimmy. He was confused on how everything had just gone down and why he's friend even thought that he was sleeping with his girlfriend, when Mason wouldn't do something like to one to one of his friends. People were stood around looking at the two men wondering what had gone down between the two of them, but Mason didn't pay attention to them, well that was at least until he heard her voice.

"Mason?" He glanced over his shoulder and saw that Katherine Pierce was stood there, looking down at him with a confused expression on her face and when he glanced over at his car he saw her twin sister, Emory Pierce, leaning against the hood of it, with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What happened?" The younger Pierce girl asked, as she pushed herself off of the hood of his car and walked over to her twin.

"Yeah, what happened?" Katherine asked, playing along with her sister's confused act.

Mason quickly got up off of the ground and went over to the twins, and as he did a few bystanders walked over to the body. "Jimmy just attacked me." Mason told the twins, as he pointed behind at Jimmy on the ground.

"What? Why?"

"He said I hit on Marla." Mason said, in a frantic tone as he glanced between the two sisters who looked at one another, and shared a look because they knew exactly why he would have thought that.

Emory shock her head at him. "Why on earth would he think that, Mason?"

Mason shock his head at her at a loss of words because he really didn't know why he would have thought something like that. Katherine let out a sigh before she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a hug.

"He's dead. I killed him." Mason told her, and Katherine smirked as she looked at the body on the ground. Emory walked passed the two hugging and over to the dead body to see if he was really dead, and when she clearly saw that he was she turned back around taking slow steps back towards them.

"Everything's going to be okay." Katherine told him, and she pretend to comfort him as she looked at her younger twin sister and they shared a smirk with each other.