fifteen. the beginning of a love story

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter fifteen: the beginning of a love story

chapter fifteen: the beginning of a love story

In the Lockwood's garden Emory Pierce could be found stood with Stefan Salvatore. She had gone pretending to be Elena to get in through the door, and when Stefan found her he asked her to talk. Katherine had told her to go to the Lockwood's instead of her going, because she was planning something much bigger and wanted that to be her big entrance.

"You've changed from the quiet girl who used to read books and hideaway...-you've turned it off, haven't you?" Stefan said to her, casuing the girl to smirk. He had been trying to keep up with the games that she had been playing with her words, but he started to get caught up. And started to realize that she had flipped her her humanity switch.

And Damon was the only thing letting her humanity slip through the cracks.

"Oh please, I flipped that switch years and years go." Emory said, as she bit on her bottom lip and looked the Salvatore up and down. "You've changed as well. You're stronger...-meaner...-sexier. Maybe I was with the wrong brother back in 1864."

"Don't flirt with me, Emory. I'm not Damon. I haven't spent 145 years obsessed with you." Stefan told the Pierce girl, and she let a small laugh escape past her lips.

"Yet, based on the female company that you choose to keep...-I'd say otherwise." Emory said, as she walked past him and remained behind him staring at his back. "But I must admit, even with my humanity off, it does bother me a little that you and Damon have both fallen in love with another girl."

"I was never in love with you, Emory. You compelled me, none of my feelings were real." Stefan said, causing Emroy to roll her eyes a little before looking back at the blonde with a slight shrug.

Choosing not to reveal the truth about her compulsion.

"Believe whatever helps you sleep at night, Stefan. But I know the truth, and deep down, you know it too." She said, running a finger down his chest before she moved it away and laughed a little as she continued her walk.

"The truth? Well, the truth is, I always thought you were the innocent one but truth is you're more of a lying, selfish, manipulative bitch than Katherine has ever been. So whatever it is that brought you and said sister here, why don't you just get on with it and leave town? Because if you don't, I will hunt you down and I will rip your heart out."

Emory let out a small laugh as she stopped her little walk and turned to face the brother of the man that she loved more than anything, when she had her emotions turned on that is. "You wanna know why me and Katherine are here, Stefan? She came back for you...-and I came back for Damon."

"Well, the problem, Emory, is that we both hate you and Katherine." Stefan told her. And even with her humanity off, Emory had to admit that his words actually hurt her deep down. But she refused to let any pesky emotions show through, and picked up a iron stem out of the ground and ran it straight through his stomach.

Stefan hunched over and growled out in pain, as the Pierce girl lowered herself to his ear. "You both hate us, huh? That sounds like the beginning of a love story, Stef, not the end of one." She whispered before yanking the iron stem out of his abdomen.

Before she walked away with her head held high.