eight. vampires live amoung us

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter eight: vampires live among us 

chapter eight: vampires live among us 

Katherine and Emory were in the apothecary, looking at some of the viles that were on the shelves. Emory sniffed on one of them before she put the cap back onto and placed it back onto the shelf, and smiled to herself when she saw the ring on her finger. And thought back to last night in the woods. After Damon feed on her blood, she didn't turn him into a vampire in that moment she just couldn't do it.

She knew that it wasn't the right time.

After that the two of them did something else, before they made their way back to their spot with the white bench and talked for awhile, until Damon started reading Pride and Prejudice to her once again. But he only got through a few chapter before she started falling asleep, so Damon carried her all the way back to her bedroom.

Which she appreciated.

"Have you two thought about what I said?" Pearl asked the twins as she walked into the apothecary, casuing the younger twin to look over her shoulder at the woman with a small smile on her face.

Katherine lifted a glass bottle to her nose and sniffed it before pulling it away again. "We'll leave soon, Pearl, I promise." She told her friend, as she put the crock back into the glass and put it back onto the shelf. "I need to take care of a few things first."

"You're gonna turn both of them, aren't you?" Pearl asked Katherine, casuing Emory to looked over at her sister with wide eyes. She hadn't been told that Katherine was going to be turning both of the brothers, only Stefan.

Emory was supposed to be turning Damon, after all.

Katherine looked over at Pearl with a smirk on her face, as she shrugged her shoulders. Pearl let out a sigh. "Katherine, please be careful."

"We'll all be safe. I promise." Katherine told her, just before they heard footsteps coming up to the apothecary, casuing Katherine to smile at Peal. "Mr. Gilbert's coming. Quick. Your cheeks. Perfectly rosy."

"Miss Pearl?" Johnathan Gilbert announced himself, casuing Pearl to look at him with a smile on her face. "May I have a moment?"

"Yes, Mr. Gilbert." Pearl said, as she made her way over to him. "I'm still waiting for you to explain that comet in the sky."

Emory smiled as the two of them made their way out of the apothecary, before she looked over at Annabelle. "Your mother has a secret admirer."

Annabelle smiled back at her.

Meanwhile, outside the Salvatore brothers were walking with their father. He was talking to them about wanting their help with something, which was getting the vampires out of their town. "As descendants of the founding families...-they wanna know that they can count on you."

"Of course they can. Is there any doubt?" Stefan asked his father, and him and his brother walked next to their father with their hands in there pockets. Damon wasn't really paying that much attention as he looked around, hoping to find Emory. But he didn't.

"I'm not sure your bother Damon understands, the importance of duty." Their father told Stefan, casuing Damon to snap out of his trance of looking for Emory and looked over at his father.

"Damon left the Confederacy on principle. And it's his chose and should be respected."

"I have trouble respecting a deserter." Their father informed him, casuing Damon to scoff as he looked back at his father.

"I never asked for your respect." Damon said, raising his voice a little to get his point across to his father.

"Well, good for you, Damon." His father snapped at him, as he stopped walking and stepped in front of Damon casuing him to stop walking as well. "Because all I have is disappointment."

Damon didn't say anything to his father and just stared right at him, whilst he stared right back at him. Stefan looked between his brother and father and let out a small sigh. "You said the town is in trouble?"

"There have been too many deaths. It is time for us to fight back. Stop these killers." Their father told them, casuing them to look at him confused.

"Killers? What are you talking about?"

"We live amongst demons." Their father said looking right at Stefan, and Damon rolled his eyes as he tipped his head to the side.

"You're being cryptic now, father. Why don't you just say the word?" Damon questioned him.

"Vampires. They exist." Their father said, casuing Damon and Stefan to glance at one another before looking at the ground. "And they live amongst us. But we have a plan to kill them. And you're going to help us."