Movin out

This morning I was getting ready for school and I got a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi, is this Naomi Malcolm?" A man's voice says.

"This is she. How can I help you?" I ask.

"My name is Robert battle and I'm the dean and director at the Alvin alley dance in New York City." He says.

"Oh, hi." I greet.

"Naomi, I don't know if you know this but there were scouts at your regionals show choir competition a few months ago and they came to looking for dancers and the spotted you. They say you have an incredible talent and that we should offer you a full ride scholarship to this school." He explains.

"Wait, seriously? So the scholarship is for when I graduate high school?" I ask.

"Well, actually we would want you to start immediately, which in other words means at the end of the school year. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it doesn't come everyday, but you can take time to think about." He says.

"Sir, I'm a sophomore in high school this would mean I wouldn't be able to graduate in a two years. I'd miss everything." I tell him.

"I understand that, but if you start in the fall of next year you will be able to finish you classes and studies." He mentions.

"I'm really gonna have to think about this." I say.

"That's absolutely fine. You can call my office when you're ready." He tells me.

"Thank you for calling." I say

"You're welcome. Good day to you." He says then hangs up.

What am I going to do?
•••••••
" hey guys, in spite of the complete lack of representation at career fair, I know that a lot of you are thinking about a career in the arts. Well it's no secret that Sue Sylvester doesn't believe a career in the arts is very practical idea. And for once, I have to admit that she's right. It's completely impractical. Anyone pursuing the arts needs to go with their eyes wide open. We're talking zero job security, and Impossible odds. But I've always believed that you have to pursue what you love and that's with this weeks assignment is About a goofy looking kid who struggled for years in the music business." Mr. Shue explains.

"Finally, it's Marilyn Manson week!" Kitty whispers.

"Close, Billy Joel." Mr. Shue announces.

"Finally, an artist from New York." I cheer.

"Who?" Unique asks.

"Oh just a musical genius who sold over 150 million records worldwide." Artie mentions.

"Billy had to fight every step of the way in his career. He had countless failures and disappointments, writing songs and nobody wanted, playing piano in city bars just to pay the rent, being told he never make it because he didn't look right." Mr. Shue continues.

"Translation: Too Jewish." Jake comments.

"But he ignored the haters and kept pursuing his dream, becoming the third best solo artist of all time. He is a true inspiration do anyone pursuing a career in the arts, like our very own Mr. Blaine Anderson and Mr. Sam Evans." Mr. Shue announces and we all cheer.

"As some of you may know or may not know, I have my big NYADA audition this week. It's terrifying, so I'm leaving today to maybe get some last minute tips from Kurt and Rachel." Blaine explains.

"And I'm going because I have an interview with the theater department at hunter college. They saw and loved my Tornado of talent impressions reel. And I'm up for Channing Tatum former male stripper Grant." Sam adds.