Part 13: A Night Out -pt. 1

Updates:

Hello all! I've been on a pretty big hiatus since Covid, and I'm honestly so sorry. This is one of my favorite series to write for so it's a shame I took a step away for so long.

I'm an official college student! This transition has been pretty hectic and stressful, but I'm happy it's finally settling and the process is over lol. The support this stupid lil series gets is incredible, and I'm constantly reminded of the support I get when I hop back on here, so thank you all!

Now that that's aside, tonight I'm gonna be writing a lil pre-covid, pre-kiribaku bar scene. Might get hot n steamy, who knows 👀

Anyway, thank you! And happy reading ❤️

~

Kirishima Eijirou, otherwise known to the public as Red Riot, was still experiencing the stress of a villain he had more than amply defeated. In a cruel fate, the press had been nagging him for endless interviews despite his hours already given and his days spent finding the guy. He was sure if he looked hard enough, still, he could find some desperate reporter or paparazzi following him home from the hero agency. So, l with the aftermath of it all falling off his shoulders, he gathered himself up as he'd showered and redressed himself to go to a bar. One (conveniently) within walking distance, of course, but a bar non the less. A gay bar, non the less, and that was an exciting thing.

Since he'd exited high school, he still hadn't come out- not to the public, and not to his high school class. Perhaps Kaminari knew (since he was pretty sure they'd hooked up while drunk) as well as Mina, but they were the only ones. Not even his dear old friend, Katsuki, had any idea of his preferences when they were close. After all, Eijirou was a man, and liking men wasn't masculine enough. He'd be made fun of, despite everything he'd done to build a safe environment for his friends and family, and that hurt him.  He just wanted to do what he could to keep his family safe, but when he showed the humanity within his diversity, he was shunned.

Despite this fear, he knew that these things wouldn't out weight the positive. That night would be a big step for him; despite the affects on his work, he knew it would be a decision for the better of his happiness and relationships. This moment was one he had been waiting to act upon impulse for, and that night just happened to be brewing with spontaneity.

As Kirishima stepped outside his apartment complex, he took a deep breath; this was a new beginning for him- in his personal life, and perhaps mentally also. A breath for new life, it was. A breath for his new self- or at least, a new image.

With a smile on his face, he began his walk to the bar.

~

The walk was long and cold, as the autumn weather nipped at his hands and neck, keeping him awake and attentive all the way there. Once settled at the bar, the place looking like any average pub, gave him no indication of any variation from its Hetero predecessors. He sat up on a stool, comfy but firm, with just a bottle of sake, taking slow sips every so often. He found himself following some competitive sport on one television with his focus lingering every once in awhile on a news broadcast.

"FUCK OFF, ASSHOLE!" A voice boomed from across the way. A familiar voice, it was, but one he'd always been bemused with; it was from someone he'd loved despite everything the world saw. One he missed, so much in fact that he'd called out to it, the name falling from his lips uncontrollably.

"...Kats?" he called hesitantly, near to halting his breath all together. Nobody could hear him, not even the subject himself, but he didn't need to hear it to get his attention. Bakugou's eyes wandered through the room after the player rolled his eyes and walked away, nothing catching his attention until Red Riot came into his view.