Part 5: The More, the Merrier (Fluff)

A/N: This class 1-A inclusive part is loosely inspired by a work of kirishimaunbreakable called "Squad Goals," where the bakusquad plays strip poker (as adults, just to clarify). I recommend you go check it out after reading this, but be warned, it is NOT for the feint of heart. High key horny, unlike this. Anyway, happy reading, BNHA bitches 💕

Kirishima and Bakugou had been invited to a Class 1-A reunion weekend at the beach house of Yaoyorozu's family estate, which had apparently been gifted to her when she landed a job at the hero agency of Uwabami. Momo has arranged a hotel for anyone who would RSVP by the 23rd of April, and being the ever-efficient and money saving people they were, they had RSVPed long before the date they were due: two weeks before the weekend kicked off. Bakugou and Kirishima had been getting calls and texts from their class friends, and even receiving some DMs and private messages over social media from the ones who had drifted the most. While Bakugou was reaching the point of total annoyance with all the people who had been blowing up his phone for the past couple days and even weeks, Kirishima was elated with the idea of visiting all of his former classmates.

Finally, on the day of the event, the two were polar opposites of each other as they drove to the location. Kirishima bounced his leg that wasn't methodically placed on the gas pedal as they flew across the highway, whereas Bakugou, on the other hand, held a grimace, trying his best to conceal it in his hand as he stared out the window. They were only fifteen minutes away from their desired location, as could be seen from the GPS that was attached securely to the floor of the cove beneath the radio.

"Excited to see anyone in particular?" Kirishima asked, clearly attempting to alleviate his own anxieties.

"Well, I could tolerate earphone jack at least," he switched to a more reminiscent tone, speaking just audibly, "so it won't be so bad to see her again."

He went silent, waiting for Kirishima to pipe in, but a response never came. "What about you, Kiri? You've been bouncing in your fuckin' seat the whole time, you've been so excited," Bakugou prompted.

"I have been excited, I really have! But in the last fifteen minutes, I've been pretty nervous," Kirishima chuckled. "I miss them all, I really do, it's just that... we've changed. A lot, honestly." Bakugou glared at him in abhorring puzzlement. Why would Kirishima be nervous about that? It's not like they needed to be liked by all those extras. They liked each other, they had their close group of friends, and that's all they needed. Kirishima caught on quickly, and rushed to explain further.

"Don't get me wrong, we haven't changed in a bad way, not at all! I just don't want to have too much of a different vibe with them that this visit gets awkward, you know?"

Bakugou sighed heavily, crossing his arms and looking at his lover in the rear-view mirror. "Yeah, I fucking get it," his usual fierce front softened the smallest bit, and after a pause, he continued, "we haven't changed as much as you think. You're damn right, Eijiro, we haven't changed in a bad way. If anything, we're more stable now." Kirishima took his eyes off the road for a moment, catching Bakugou's eyes in his own. Bakugou peered back, confusion clear in his face, but set it aside quickly. With his ferocity all but gone, he replaced it with a cocky smile. "They're your friends, Ei, you'll be fine."

Kirishima smiled at the nickname, and looked back at the road. "Our friends, Kats," he corrected, a new confidence fitting into his own sweet tone. "We will be fine."

~

When they finally arrived, they were surprised to find that several others from their class had found romantic comfort in each other, as they watched the others walk in ahead of them on the low, winding dirt path. Izuku and Ochaco were no surprise, neither was Hagakure and Ojiro, but Tsu and Tokoyami, after Tokoyami amd Shoji had been together almost 2 full years? Neither expected the two, and non of the class seemed to, either. They knew that Sero and Ashido had been together, on and off, for quite some time by that point, but the rest of class had no clue, and were taken aback by that as well.