Part 3: Goodnights (fluff)

It was almost time for bed that night. They laid down side by side on their queen sized bed, both awake, and both hiding it to preserve the sleep of the other. Bakugou sighed as quietly as he could, and gave up his efforts toward sleep, getting up from the scarlet sheets he and Kirishima slept in and going to use the bathroom.

  He used the toilet, washed his hands, and even brushed his hair. He knew it would get messy again in the morning, but it was comforting to be able to run his hands smoothly through his hair once again. It helped him regain confidence, and stabilize himself for whatever he would do. Bakugou snuck back into their bedroom as silent as could be, but abruptly, Kirishima set himself upright on the right side of the bed, where Bakugou had slept.

"I can't sleep either. I'm exhausted though, so I don't know why." Kirishima stressed to the blond figure that stood across from him at the door, leaning against the frame lazily.

"Me neither. It's Saturday though, we can catch up on sleep tomorrow." Bakugou talked to Kirishima with the most comforting voice he could muster, soothing Kirishima and making him lean back onto their bed. Bakugou walked over carefully, leaning over Kirishima and placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

  "Goodnight?" Bakugou whispered to him.

  "Not yet." Kirishima whispered into his lover's ear. Kirishima held up his hand and put his arm around Bakugou's neck, yearning for his presence next to him. "Stay?"

"Sure." Bakugou said it gruffly, as he settled himself beside Kirishima, leaning on his chest. Bakugou listened intently to Kirishima's heartbeats, finding a rhythm in the pattern. He breathed with the pattern now, smiling ever so slightly into the embrace, happy to have found someone who he could call an equal, a friend and a lover.

A/N: Sorry for the short, awfully appropriate update! I wanted to update but didn't have anything ready yet, so I really quickly concocted this for y'all. Don't worry though, I have something good planned for next week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).